1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox mods for Dummies... I mean me!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by ag22, Dec 5, 2004.

1. ag22

ag22 Regular member

Hi, although, I am not completely layman to all xbox mod terms I am to most. I understand mod chips, and... thats about it. with Networking my xbox, copying games, dashboards, and Bios I am completely lost.
    Heres what Im trying to do:
    1.) Beng able to copy an Xbox game to my computers hard drive, and dowbloading a game off of a P2P
    2.) Playing an Xbox game off my CPUs hard drive on my Xbox.

I have no idea what an FTP is so every thread on this board is basicaly useless to me.Can someone plz give me a step by step process??? I have spent roughly $1200 on machines the past 2 years due to me being idiotic so I need some help!!! I have a DVD burner, and a wirless network if that helps.

2. mel1djm

mel1djm Member

I am new to MODDING also. But I do know computers. FTP simply stands for File Transfer Protocol. This is how you would send information from your computer to the xbox. This can be done by plugging in your xbox and computer to a HUB. I will elaborate more later, I am on the way out the door...

Dave

3. ag22

ag22 Regular member

Ok that clears some things up for me tright there. Thanks... Im looking at getting an Xenium Ice chip that is a soldered one. I tried to install a solderless one with my cousin and it never performed right and soldering comes EZ to him so I dont have a problem with it. I need help with the dash, bios, and downloading games part. I know some of this stuff is prolly illegal to mention on this board so if you feel uncomfortable answering no problem.

4. Ronota

Ronota Member

First,you can't play original game, second yuo can't play live even the game is live supported.So let's get starter and plug in you box into your ass! Just kidding.Anyhow,if you got a cd burner progamm and xbox game you want to burn,burn it.wait for it a voila.But in order to play burned game,you need to buy a mod chip.It's a DIY.You can also ask the saleman to do it for you.Or you can buy a pre-installed mod chip xbox (which I don't reccommmed for those who has xbox already) I got a excuter mod chip installed in my xbox.It is enought.But if you want to play xbox game through PC (which i don't no) buy the xenium series.

5. ag22

ag22 Regular member

Yeah I get that part, and Live isnt important to me. However the main reason for this is being able to back up my xbox games. I want to save MY xbox games to my computer and play them. For example I dont care about donwloading games, or anything like that, I just want to be able to save a game on my HDD on my computer and play it on my Xbox.

6. akoli

akoli Member

hi Ag22, Tis relatively simple to connect your XBOX to yer PC . All you need are ;

Network Cable
    network Card
    FTp program - CUteFTp / Flash FXP
    Copy of Evolution X on CD !!!

Connect the cable from your xbox to Pc
    INput EVox CD in to Xbox and turn on (I'm assuming the xbox is already chipped).
    Go in to settings and see what the Ip Address of the Xbox.(if cables are connected correctly the Ip address of your PC should be at the top)
    Open Up Flash FXP(any ftp app should do but this is what i use)
    Input XBOX IP Address same as shown on setting screen of evox.
    (Login and pass is XBOX )
    And try n connect - if connection terminated then you will have to enable static Ip setting on evox dashboard as this caused me problems.

Assuming I aint missed any steps !!! you should see a list of drives C , d ,E , F , G (I have a bigger hard drive so you may have slightly less) C is the xbox hard disc(you may want to take a copy of C drive tis fairly small but if you make any mistakes its handy to have)
    D drive is xbox dvd drive , you would just copy the contents of this to your pc and then you will have a copy of the game. Before burning to disc you need to make the image xbox compliant - use a tool like Xiso and burn using nero .

The guide was quickly typed up but gives u a rough idea how to do it .

7. basspro

basspro Member

Hi every one i just got my excuter 2.6 mod my xbox comes in monday now is this mod flashed or do i need to go looking for one and what one would i use with this mod easy on me here im new but i learn fast i did read up on how to make a dvd boot up disc with a dummy file on it so i think when i do find the write bios ill be on the write track just want to burn a few games play a little and i do not want to get into this on line playing thanks to every one that helps me out basspro

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  8. ag22

ag22 Regular member

Hey, I have a wireless G router, however my 2 computers are both hooked up with Wires. Would it be better to get a wireless bridge for the Xbox or a second card for my computer?

9. akoli

akoli Member

To be honest I dunno mate , you can connect it via a router/ hub but I've not done it myself . if you have a network card you can just connect via ethernet connection n skip the router less things to think about.