1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX Plays Games, Won't Load Dash

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by arjohn5, Jan 12, 2007.

1. arjohn5

arjohn5 Guest

I know I have another thread about an xbox not loading the dash, but this thread is different and about a totally different xbox system. Yada yada down to business. My xbox will not load the microsoft dash, it just locks up at the microsoft screen. However, it does still play games. They load up and save just fine. How do I recover my dash? I do not have a modchip and am not talking about mods here, just regular use. Why will it play games but have no dash I don't get it.

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

It's error 16 situation, but with enough of the files left to allow original games to load. If it plays backups it will load slayers 2.7, so use that to restore all dash files.. If not then a recent live game will do as well.. Disconnect any ethernet cable, then go to live settings from the game menu..let it finish updating and you will have a dash again.

3. arjohn5

arjohn5 Guest

I get a 21 error call for service.

4. arjohn5

arjohn5 Guest

I suppose I can't really complain, as I can still play games on it. I got it off a friend who says he accidentally "deleted" the wrong thing when trying to softmod it. The halo2 update wouldn't work, I got that dumb 21 service error. I read some tutorial on hot swapping it, would that fix my problem? I am not experienced with modchips and want to avoid that route. Budget is also kinda tight otherwise I'd just buy a new one or get a 360. Do I have any options or shall I just make it a new paperweight or something to look good on the desk?

5. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

21 - anywhere -

This error says that the machine was booted to display a error, basically someone told the machine to reboot (or launch a xbe) with this flag, and the error code just means its been rebooted by the flag

This occurs frequently when the xbox is unable to boot due to dashboard changes being made (ie Gcue true blue hasnt been resigned, parts of the stock dash are missing - incomplete FTP backups copied to a new HDD for example).

6. arjohn5

arjohn5 Guest

so how can i restore the xbox and be able to have my dash again? will the xbox live dash update work? i do not have any newer xbox live games, the one i tried was halo2 but it doesn't have the update feature in the settings. im wondering if im still gonna get that 21 error. i know what the error is, im just looking for ways to fix it without buying a mod chip.

7. janrocks

janrocks Guest