1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox softmodding - Is it really worth it????

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Fuzzy2006, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Fuzzy2006

Fuzzy2006 Guest

I am new to modding and i have been offered £145 for someone to softmodd my xbox and fit a 200Gb hard drive with evox and all that stuff on it.

Is this really worth it or i am being riped off?

The price was £160 but I i got it down to £145.

Thanks
    Fraser

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

In all, it cost me $50 to softmod my xbox. It's worth it to me because I can always restore my xbox to it's original state with Itools and I can always re-install it.

3. gilbates

gilbates Member

If it comes with the 200G hard drive, yes. If not, your getting ripped off.

4. Fuzzy2006

Fuzzy2006 Guest

wayhay!
    Got got the price down another fiver!
    Its now £140 (plus P+P)

So you all think i should go for it then?

5. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Yeah. 200 gb and the xbox for $140 is a good deal. I just hope it's for real and not a scam.

6. Fuzzy2006

Fuzzy2006 Guest

YUP ME TOO

7. Fuzzy2006

Fuzzy2006 Guest

WHY HOW MUCH WOULD U PAY TO GET UR XBOX SOFTMODDED AND TO GET A 200 GIG HARD DISK?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2004
  8. vithuran

vithuran Member

all u need 2 do is buy ta chip off the net for 10 canadian dolars and solder it ur self it only about 4 wires its prety easy and installing a hardeive is easy

9. vithuran

vithuran Member

all u need 2 do is buy ta chip off the net for 10 canadian dolars and solder it ur self it only about 4 wires its prety easy and installing a hardeive is easy

10. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I wouldn't personally pay for either since I know how to softmod (it's a rather simple process) and I know how to install new hdd.

But your getting a good deal. I mean 200 Gb by itself would be $200. That's like the best deal I've seen on a premodded xbox.

11. Fuzzy2006

Fuzzy2006 Guest

Yeh i know how to put the hard drive in but i dont know how to softmod it.
    I have looked how to but it looks solid.
    I am paying £140 for a 200Gb hard drive and for it to be softmodded.

12. zeno60

zeno60 Member

I'd like to point out for someone that mentioned. £140 is different from $140.

Someone said that $140 is a good deal, maybe he does mean that £140 is a good deal but dosen't have the pound sign on an american keyboard. Just pointing out.

13. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Well isn't the Euro slightly worth more than the american dollar?

14. zeno60

zeno60 Member

150.00 EUR would equal 204.163 USD

But you said yours cost 140 Pounds, not Euro.

150 USD would equal 289.11 GBP

USD United State Dollars ($)
    GBP Great Britain Pount (£)
    EUR Euro (€)

This is probably blown way out of proportion, but it is just because i am from Britain, now living in America, and i'm very observant when seeing all the currency signs when buying stuff online. Big difference after you convert.

15. Fuzzy2006

Fuzzy2006 Guest

ITS £140

GB POUNDS!!!!

£ 1 4 0 . 0 0

16. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Dude, just do it yourself, like Quadratic said. I softmod xboxes all the time, upgrade the harddrives all the time, it's a bit tedious sometimes but definitely not more complicated than installing an actual chip. To tell you the truth, you can softmod your xbox for basically free, just take back the game and Action Replay software when you're done.

17. Sukodin

Sukodin Member

Dude, if your going to open up the system anyway to put in a new HD, go ahead and spend the $35 and get an Xecuter chip and throw it in there. It is very very simple to install and then you would have the on/off switch to turn off the mod when you dont want it..

18. Fuzzy2006

Fuzzy2006 Guest

I ma thinking of buying a 200gb Hard drive from PC world and i am going to try and softmodd it my self because i am not too keen on sending it throught the post to some guy i have never met!!

But heres the problem ...
    I have never softmodded a xbox before and done know where/ how to start.
    I dont have any software for it (like evox)

So where can i get a step by step guide on how to softmodd my xbox and install evox (i am going to buy a cd from ebay)

Thanks
    Fraser

19. code54

code54 Guest

I think that soft modding is a complete waste of time,too much swapping disks around and stuff,your better just getting a chip installed mate like the xecuter 2.6 or xecuter 3 because they direct boot and its worth more to you,

as for the hard drive,its a good investment if you play games a lot but if you buy like 1 game a month then i wouldnt bother,

cheers,if you need any backups or anything then let me know i charge £4 per disk and i have over 800 xbox games,400 ps2 games,lots of software/pc games/music/etc all for backups use only post back if interested ;-)

20. Fuzzy2006

Fuzzy2006 Guest

I want to softmodd it cos i am kinda skint after xmas and new year so i dont really have the money to but a chip. plus i am not to keen on putting a chip cos i am not very good at soldering.

what is involed in softmodding it anyway? i know its something to do the BIOS.

Any good websites that tell u what u need and how to do it?