1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX won't power up

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Snoosy, May 31, 2004.

1. Snoosy

Snoosy Member

My XBOX is modded with an Xecuter 2.3B Lite. This was done in February, and there has been no problems until now. I swapped the hard drive and soldered the chip, so I've been inside the box a few times. I recently moved my XBOX from my basement to my bedroom, and when I hooked it back up the XBOX turned off suddenly twice that day for no apparent reason. For the next week or two there was no problems. However, tonight the XBOX turned off on its own again. This time, it won't turn back on. The green light on the external mod chip switch goes green for a split second then turns off - the light on the eject button doesn't turn on at all.

Does anyone know what the problem is? I'm hoping it's nothing big, but I know it's probably a blown fuse or faulty power supply. I didn't damage the XBOX in any way when I moved it from downstairs to upstairs. If it is a power supply, can I just swap my faulty one with one from another XBOX no problem?

Thanks for the help!

2. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

3. Snoosy

Snoosy Member

Well I took it apart to make sure what version I had and to see if there were any burn marks anywhere. When I put it back together, it started up again. Is that possible with a burnt fuse? I'm guessing it'll die again in the future, but it works for now so I'm happy.

4. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

no if the fuse has blown, thats it mate ;)
    something fishy going on there.
    just count your lucky chickens!!

5. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

Check all your wires, somewhere there is a loose wire or something, when you moved it, it probably nudged the wire to touch something on the mobo, or the caseing, this will cause the xbox to immediatly shut down for saftey...check your wires...