1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox won't read Evolution X Boot Disc!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by OE40Data, Jun 8, 2004.

1. OE40Data

OE40Data Member

Jay did you include a dummy file? If so, how big was it?

2. aot2002

aot2002 Member

i stopped using cdrw's cause they seem to be mostly
    try to use DVD-R notice the DASH R's not +R plus and dash's are different media and xbox's dont read + media. only dash R's

if you insist on using cdrw, i recommend you dont do this !
    just stick with using dvd-r's there $35.00 for 50pack ....

3. aot2002

aot2002 Member

only needed a dummy file for cdrw when installing evolution program not needed for games when using cdrw...
    I just stick with not putting games on cdrw's if they were that great wouldnt m$soft be using them????

4. OE40Data

OE40Data Member

Ok, im gonna use a DVD-R but does anyone have the direction for the burn using nero? THanks

5. aot2002

aot2002 Member

click
    file open
    choose the iso file created by the program i showed u
    then choose finalize dvd
    then click burn

easy enough huh

6. OE40Data

OE40Data Member

CRAP!!!!! My Xbox is not working!!! I haven't done anything to it and i tried to turn it on this morning and i got an error code 06. Has anyone had this problem?? its something to do with unlocking the hard drive i think, im not to sure. Gosh things keep going from bad to worse. If i turn the chip off it says i need to take my xbox in for repair and with the chip on it says error code 06. When i switch to bank 2 (Cromwell) it gives a bunch of wierd looking numbers like my hdd drive is gettin crazy. Please help! Thanks

7. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

If you're still having trouble, PM me and I'll send you Slayers 2.5 on a Memorex CD-RW

When making your ISO with Nero, don't drag and drop-it won't work. Follow the instructions that everyone here is telling you.

8. aot2002

aot2002 Member

i would remove the chip and verify the xbox is working ok while no chip is installed

9. OE40Data

OE40Data Member

OK, i took apart my xbox and put it back together again and it works now! That scared me for a second. Now im back where i was before...Trying to load dashboard onto my xbox. Hrdrk could how do i pm you? Cause i would really love for you to send me Slayer on a memorex cdrw since im dumb and i can't seem to figure it out. Thanks alot! Aot2002 thanks for the advice on taking my xbox apart, it fixed the problem:0)

10. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

I sent you a message. Just reply when you get mine. To send your own, go to the top of the screen and below the menu ( Home, News , Guides..) click on
    Private Message. Copy and paste the nickname of the person you want to send a message to before you go there :)

11. Kamran

Kamran Regular member

I have a modded xbox with the aladin chip and its been nearly with evo x xbox media player, projext x etc well I was wondering how can i update my xbox with the latest evo x and how can i keep all my apps installed or is there a way i can download a image with all these apps ready so i can just burn it to a dvd and update it. FTP is a option but a very sleek one. I would need step by step guide with knowledge of where to find all the files which i dont wanna do so dvd is the best option for me

12. aot2002

aot2002 Member

http://x-b-o-x.net/
    should help you with what to do when upgrading your xbox dashboard lots of files are on this site

13. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

xiso is crap
    use craxtion or qwix for better results

14. MazdaBoy

MazdaBoy Member

This seemed to do the tick for me. It took about 10 times but it finally worked. I have a Thompson Drive on a v1.0 xbox using Matrix/Exodus chip. I have been pulling my hai r out over this problem. It originally started when a friend of mine installed Xbox live and screwed everything up. It over wrote the damn default.xbe with an updated ms dash from MS that prveneted evox from loading. Thank god its fixed now!

15. MazdaBoy

MazdaBoy Member

This seemed to do the tick for me. It took about 10 times but it finally worked. I have a Thompson Drive on a v1.0 xbox using Matrix/Exodus chip. I have been pulling my hai r out over this problem. It originally started when a friend of mine installed Xbox live and screwed everything up. It over wrote the damn default.xbe with an updated ms dash from MS that prveneted evox from loading. Thank god its fixed now!

16. aot2002

aot2002 Member

glad too hear !
    Damn MS !

17. jay73

jay73 Guest

Heres an idea. start your xbox with the eject button instead of start button. I had this reading problem with my slayer disc. It just would not read it when i first started up with start button and then istalled the cd with eject button.

But when i started up by pushing the eject button (and inserting the cd), it worked on the first time.

18. MazdaBoy

MazdaBoy Member

I tied that on more than one occasion. It never worked for me. I had to keep ejecting until I heard the cd start to spin up and read then I would plug in the network cable as soon as I saw the post screen. This is the only I could get it to work. Weird!

19. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

When my Thomson wouldn't read the disc, I just went to the garage, got my mini-sledge out of my tool box and layed it down next to the xbox. What do you know! It read the disc on the very next try!! Finicky bastard!

20. agentv4

agentv4 Member

OE40Data,

I am also having this problem. Did the DVD-R work for you?

thanks