1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox won't start - newbie question

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by kyle_1200, Sep 22, 2004.

1. kyle_1200

kyle_1200 Member

Hey all, I'm new to this forum, I have a problem with my xbox

Recently, I was playing Halo and the xbox stopped running. I rebooted it and got the black screen of death, with "call xbvox customer service", now i hear a humming sound and sounds like it is coming from the HD, as i then opened it to inspect what the fusk was going on! So i found all of Microsoft's little trick bolts and saw that the sound was coming from the harddrive. Now i need to know if i need to buy another hardrive, or can i reformat it, because my xbox main screen is INACCESSIBLE... What do i do??? Can someone please help me. Thanks

P.S. I know it has nothing to do with the laser, the xbox hardrive is full of data i beleive as i have put many songs on it and saved many games as well.

2. mess1

mess1 Regular member

The exact error you are getting would be helpful. Odds are you have a crashed harddrive and the only way to fix it is going to be a mod chip.

Bummer for you.

3. scottas

scottas Guest

check the error code against the list on xbox-scene.com but it sounds like the hdd is shot.