1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox's no longer boot up

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by useragain, Apr 7, 2004.

1. useragain

useragain Guest

first my son installed an xecuter 2.3b lite+ but could not get it to seat(the green light would not come on), he remoced the board and now xbox does not work, "needs service"

I installed on a second unit and got it seated and the lights work as in instructions. I then tryed my hand at creating a bios disc and followed instructions as far as I know. I get cromwell 2.28 at top followed by failed to unlock hdd and a bunch of numbers followed by insert disc. Then is loads and updates bios and shuts off. This also does not work at all in disabled mode "needs service"

I NEED YOUR HELP

Sam

2. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

what bios did you use to flash the chip? Did u use the cromwell bios? If so you are not suppose to flash it with that. you have to flash the chip with a hacked "illigal" bios such as The Evox M7 or Xecuter 4983. I reccomend to use the Xecuter Bios.

3. useragain

useragain Guest

I flashed it with a legal bios, is that why it turns off and doesn't change anything? Why wont the xbox work in normal mode, (disabled mode?) I had the other bios's before but now I can't find them again.

Sam

4. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

what size did you make the bios? Did you get those bios from the official xecuter site?

and yes you are not suppose to flash with the cromwell bios. you basically put the same thing back on your chip. you have to put hacked bios bios on it like the xecuter 4983 bios.

5. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

what size did you make the bios? Did you get those bios from the official xecuter site?

and yes you are not suppose to flash with the cromwell bios. you basically put the same thing back on your chip. you have to put hacked bios bios on it like the xecuter 4983 bios.

6. useragain

useragain Guest

also failed to unlock hdd

Sam

7. useragain

useragain Guest

512 with 100m dummy file

8. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

ok so you should be able to flash your chip on bank 2 it should have the original cromwell bios on it. So all you have to do is look for xecuter 4983 bios and make a 512k bios file to flash your chip. you could also include a dummy file on the cd.

9. useragain

useragain Guest

I think I may have a chance now. I just switched back the hard drive from my other unit and now the xbox works normal, even with xecuter board installed, (disabled mode). when running in diabled mode do I also switch protected as well? my son will be glad to have xbox working again even without upgrades at this time. Would please PM in regards to upgrade bios? I have purchased Nero Burning Rom and an set. I know how to set up dummy file, just need bios file, these were not hard to find last month and I had it but suffered a computer crash and lost everything.

Sam

10. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

Oh you Changed the HARD DRIVE!..lol i had a feeling it was that but you didn't specify that in your posts. next time be more specific.

as for the bios and stuff you PM me and i'll give you the links and stuff to what you'll need.

11. useragain

useragain Guest

do I use my xbox normal mode with
    (disabled-protected-bank1)?

12. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

you are suppose to enable your chip on bank 1 unprotect.
    you should see the cromwell screen asking for the bios cd. Then your XBOX DVD Drive should pop-out. That is when you put in your bios cd with the 4983 bios on it.

13. hiredgoon

hiredgoon Regular member

hey you flashed the bios correctly ! ! ! ! ! !

its supposed to shut off the xbox when its finished.

The problems you were having was with the hard drive. Try to use the original xbox hard drive untill you get the hang of xbox modding, then switch out the hdd later when you are ready.

After you flash the bios , which it sounds like you did correctly , go find the slayers 2.5 installer disk on the net and then burn it. Then install that yo your xbox and you should easily figure it ouf from there.

14. useragain

useragain Guest

up to date.I returned the HDD and that did the trick. I updated the bios to 4983 and burned the dashboard 3752 to a disc, I could not find slayer's. how do I get to work? I mean I can boot to the dash but nothing really changed, Do I have to get the dash burned to the HDD? how do I do that? I just ordered the xbox wireless adaptor so my kid could play live without taking my modem, do I use this to network to the xbox from my computer?

Sam

15. useragain

useragain Guest

how does one install to an xbox? is that an option on the slayer's when you boot up the disc on the xbox?

Sam