1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xcopy xpress freezes?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by weekendwa, Jan 3, 2004.

1. weekendwa

weekendwa Member

I have nec 1300 and xcopy xpress........I can copy the movie to my temp file on my computer, but when the burn prompt windows comes up, I insert a blank dvd in the drive and press burn, the program freezes and stalls up my computer...then it will say not responding...I have tried it numerous times and the same thing everytime???? It will always prompt me to insert a blank dvd after only copying the first disc of the needed two (because of the size of the movie)
    is that how it is supposed to work???
    ----I just do not understand why it freezes up---
    please help.......

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Try the X copy forum:
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

321 has pretty good tech support, X copy Gold was my first program. It would start and then my computer would lock up to the point that I had to shut the power off! I called the toll free new activation line and got help.
    I still have the program but rarely use it.

3. mcxking

mcxking Member

fasfrank, you say you still have dvdxcopy gold but rarely use it. What program do you use now to backup your movies?

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I used DVD Decrypter and Nero 6 Recode 2 on Pirates of the Caribbean the last time I made a copy but I have a bunch of programs I like to play with, I enjoy spending time here at Afterdawn answering questions so it's a bit easier to answer them if I'm familiar with the programs.

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

go into the 321 program in program files in your c drive, click on the platinum icon, then click on the log item. you will see a lot of texts which can be opened & read, you may need to scroll down the text but hopefully it will tell you what is going on, I found it handy to create a shortcut from the log files to the desktop to access the file quickly.
    Hope this helps,
    Happy burning!