1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xecuter 2.3 (help)

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by gblythe, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

yeah that programmer would do, but i have never used one (never needed to) i got mine flashed in one try. i think you should start another thread and state your question sorry i can't help you out more there buddy.

2. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

If you added a new hard drive to your XBOX you cannot boot from the ORIGINAL microsoft dashboard. Just in case you didn't know that small detail. Also you dont have to use a 1 meg flash you can use 256k 512k or 1meg bios. you just have to make sure all 4 banks are flashed. 256x4=1meg 256x2=512 512x2=1meg and so on.. get it?Anything I can help with here? I have a xecuter pro mod

Matt

Last edited: Mar 18, 2004
  3. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

but for the 2.3lite+ aren't you only able to flash with a 512k or a 1meg file? thats the only size i see that you can flash with that chip which is what vwv has.

4. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

You are correct Daskins. I got a little confused on the mod he has. I dont understand.. He said he got it flashed once before with a new bios and turned it off and then on and got a error? Mine does the same thing if you dont reset your dip switches to turn the mod back on. Does this chip work the same way? In other words I have 4 dip switches.. I flip 4 off to flash the chip and then when I am done I have to flip it back on or I get a "console needs servicing" Also..Did I read correctly that he changed hard drives? sorry for the confusion.. Here is a tutorial for a xecuter lite http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/x2-flashx.php

Matt

Last edited: Mar 18, 2004
  5. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

which mod For My xbox? if so then yeah i have installed it already a couple of weeks ago and installed evox with the slayers auto installer program.

6. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

nahh your PS2

Matt

7. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

oh yeah a friend of mine already installed it for me and it works great well at least for the moment. but i don't even think that i'll use my PS2 alot since the XBOX modchip features alot better...lol

8. vwv

vwv Member

Yes, I installed a new hard drive, a 300 gigabyte 5400 RPM drive and I flashed my Xecuter 2.3B Lite+ (Soderless) mod chip with a 1 megabyte bios. Which was 4981.06_256. It was originally 256kb but I chenged it to 1 meg with a program which came "zipped" in the .rar file.

When I turn the mod chip off and use the original hard drive (8 gig Seagate) it works like a normal xbox. Are you saying I should try using the original harddrive with the mod chip on.

Right now, with the 4981.06 Bios installed on the Xecuter 2.3B Lite+ and with a new 300 gigabyte hard drive I am getting an error 13 problem, which is what the 4981 was suppose to correct over the 4980.

I ordered a programmer just in case I need it, we'll see how it goes, but I'd like to get my xbox working, apparently i'll try it with the original hard drive and with the mod chip enabled and see what happens...

I hope I made the situation more clear, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

9. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

That is your problem!! It was working the whole time. When you install a bigger hard drive you CAN NO LONGER BOOT from the original xbox dashboard.Every hard drive is unique to each xbox with its own hard drive key. If your xbox boots up and cannot "unlock" or see the original hard drive at boot up it gives a error and shuts the box down. If you put your old hard drive back in and boot I guarentee it will work. Then you must make a disk to prepare your NEW hard drive so you can use it.I thought this was the problem but you didn't reply. Hope this helps

Matt

Last edited: Mar 19, 2004
  10. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

yep Matt your right, it wasn't clear to me if he installed a bigger one or what. well you could also try the slayers autoinstaller it has the option to format a virgin hard drive for your xbox.

11. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Ahhh another satisfied newb...

Matt

12. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

13. vwv

vwv Member

I haven't tried that yet, but i'll do it sometime today and get back to you guys on it... It was reconguizing it as a 130 gig, i'm wondering if there is any reason why an xbox wouldn't be able to accept a 300 gig... ? I'll boot it up with the original seagate and see if it works... if not, i'm sure i'll be posting here before long...

14. vwv

vwv Member

Okay, works like a champ with the original eight gigabyte Seagate hard drive in there.

Now with the mod chip enabled it boots just like a normal xbox would. So now i need to know *how* to put software and stuff on it so I can actually utlize certain illegal unmentionables...

What software should I use? Where can I find it? How do I get it to work on my new WD 300 Gig HD? Again, being entirely new to xbox moding (or any moding for that matter) talk to me like an ignoramous and it'll work itself out in the end.

15. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Ok.. Now that we have you up and running I think it's time you do a little reading.. That way it sorta sinks in a bit better and will help you understand the xbox in the long run. If you get stuck just ask.Also If you get Slayers auto installer it has a option to prep your new hard drive. Here is a link to some really good tutorial's.http://www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php
    If you need any links to other unmentionables after and only after you have searched yourself and cannot find them just PM and I will try to help you out.

Matt

Last edited: Mar 19, 2004