1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xecuter 2.6 bios

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by ccommcomm, Nov 22, 2004.

1. ccommcomm

ccommcomm Guest

I am in despart need of a good bios for my mod chip..... I have downloaded the bios in "all the right places" but every time I open them with winrar the headers are corrupted. what can I do or what am I doing wrong?

can someone please send me a good copy of a bios that works for the xecuter 2.6 I have been trying to get a hold of the xecuter bios 4983.06 or any of the prior bios. Can someone please email it to me at dallinwood@hotmail.com

2. EvoxGuy

EvoxGuy Member

You got a 1.6 Xbox? If so, i had some real trouble with mine (with the BIOS's). Anyhow, i used M8 Plus (there is a specific 1.6 version) and it HAS to be flashed to bank 2 of the chip (banks 3 and 4). Thats what worked for me anyhow (v1.6, X2.6)

3. ccommcomm

ccommcomm Guest

yes I have the 1.6 and the xecuter 2.6.

4. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

If it's a 1.6, don't flash a 4983! It'll render your chip useless!

Use the M8+ bios (1.6 version-there's 2). And make sure you create a 1MB image of it.

I think www.teamxecuter.com has updated their FlashBIOS tutorials, you might wanna check them out.

5. EvoxGuy

EvoxGuy Member

It wont render your chip useless, but you'll need a programmer to reprogram it. If you do do this, just PM me and i'll help you get it sorted.

I know what you meant gtabox, but you made it sound like it'll destroy the chip putting the wrong bios on.

6. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

I guess I did go overboard...

Do the programmers work with the 2.6's?

7. EvoxGuy

EvoxGuy Member

yeah, though i bought one and didnt use it. But i could connect easy enough.

8. Triplea

Triplea Member

Hey Maybe you can help me I just recently installed a Xecuter 2.6 on a xbox version 1.6b. I also downloaded the M8 plus bios. What size to a make the file and what banks do i keep open. Iam confused becasue people say make the file 1mb and flash on bank 2 but the xecuter 2.6 only has 512 mb per bank or am I totally confused. Please Help
    Thank You

9. ccommcomm

ccommcomm Guest

keep the original cromwell bios in banks 1 and 2 and put the M8 bios in banks 3 4 and make it 512 if you have any problems with the bios after installing it you can always start over if you have a good bios in 1 and 2.

10. Triplea

Triplea Member

Does my chip have 4 banks of 256 or 2 banks of 512 i thought I only have 2 banks I am totally confused

11. ccommcomm

ccommcomm Guest

it only has two banks depending on the program you use to make the bin file it might look like 4 but put the m8 in the second and leave the 1 with the original.

12. Triplea

Triplea Member

When i flash with m8plus in the second the file should be 512mb right

13. ccommcomm

ccommcomm Guest

<marquee scrolldelay="32">Yes that is correct you when you flash only one of the banks it is a 512kb file...
    </marquee></i></b></font></a></td></body></html>

14. ccommcomm

ccommcomm Guest

<marquee scrolldelay="100">Yes that is correct you when you flash only one of the banks it is a 512kb file...

15. Triplea

Triplea Member

I think i screwed up Bank 2 when trying to flash it with m8plus I think i fragged it and had a bad flash is there anyway to fix bank 2 using bank one bank 1is still good

Thank You

16. ccommcomm

ccommcomm Guest

yes just get a good copy of the M8 and reflash the bios again.

17. Triplea

Triplea Member

Oh so just reflash it I dont have to buy a programmer or anything because i read i tut and it said if you had a bad flash you have to buy a programmer. So when is a programmer needed.

18. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

you dont need a programmer if you have another modchip
    you can flash the other chip, boot it, have evox dash, and evoxm8 on your hdd (if its a 1.6 use a evoxm8_16)
    m8plus is preferred.
    when booted , change the chip to the bad flash, then reflash it from evox. (hotswap)
    you can flash to either bank 1 or bank 2, it doesnt make a difference, the thing is the 2.6ce cromwell are different on each bank, but if you flash from evox, you can use either
    its good to have cromwell on one bank, especially useful for bad flashes
    a good thing to do is keep a few bios on a hdd
    if you need customised bios pm me

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  19. Triplea

Triplea Member

I know im just an ignorant noob but im lost. I dont have another modchip but i only had a bad flash on bank 2 can I flash bank 1 then reset bank 2

Thanks

20. ccommcomm

ccommcomm Guest

you shouldn't need to flash or do anyhting with bank 1. if you did it right you should still have the original bios on bank 1. you need bank one to reflash bank 2.... if you have messenger write me. dallin@dallinwood.com