1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xenium gold sp installation help.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by brandonks, Jan 9, 2007.

1. brandonks

brandonks Member

So heres the situation, I bought xenium gold sp with a solderless adapter from www.modchipstore.com, and they didnt send a manual with it. They said they would, but they didnt. I know how to install the solderless adaptor, but where to put the chip is whats got me confused. And I think that the website might have sent me the wrong parts. If anybody can help me, I would be in your debt.

2. JVCRush

JVCRush Guest

Hope this helps, the chip is to be installed on the first 6 set of pins starting from the end (non screw side) and not the middle (near the screw), with the tail end of the chip closer to the side of your system. I know what you mean I had to look for days until coming here and finding out that the iceguide will work for both. I have found ones now that deal with the GOLD it self. Let me know if this helps.

3. brandonks

brandonks Member

thx.... I pretty much know what you mean. thanks a bunch!

4. brandonks

brandonks Member

Oh, I have one more question. Dont know dont know if you know the answer, but, what would happen if I put the chip somewhere else on the 6 pairs?

5. JVCRush

JVCRush Guest

Well I did that by accident and you don't want to do that. It got real hot real fast or just didn't work. I heard of one person putting it on turned around and got it to work but I didn't ... I did put the wire in the hole next to the do point and it worked there for a while ??? ... just make sure you do how I said the first time to be safe ... Cool

6. brandonks

brandonks Member

thanks!!! But I think my chip may be defective anyways.... I did what you said before I asked for help on this forum, and the light didnt turn on...

7. JVCRush

JVCRush Guest

Does the light turn on at all when it's installed the right way. I did mine wrong the first time but it still worked after. If your led turns red then yellow then red again ... it shows me that it's working OK then ... if it just turns red and/or red and powers off 3 times then it may be bad or a bad connection. Try it out and let me know if you fill like it may help. Also make sure you have the right D0 point ... what version is yours?

8. brandonks

brandonks Member

I have a version 1.1 xbox. And thanks.... I might not know if it works like today. This is because im going on a trip and wont be back until sunday. And I had to order a new solderless adaptor(my old one broke; the wire legs came off). So I should find out by on monday.

9. brandonks

brandonks Member

Okay, new problem. I did everything you told me to do. It worked at first, all 5 lights lit up, I put on the chip, 1 light turned off, and the chip's lights turned on and changed colors. I turned off the xbox to adjust something, and when I turned it back on, all lights were lit up(except the one that turns off), but the chip's lights werent on. Not only that, but my xbox turns on and off 3 times, then the ejecter button lights turn red and green. I cant do anything so far. I checked to make sure I put the chip in the right place, and I did.

10. ravens1

ravens1 Regular member

Also, make sure the adapter is screwed all the way into the motherboard. It cant be unsturdy, it needs to be firm in place. That might be a reason your chip wont light up. You might need to apply force to get the adapter screwed down right.

11. JVCRush

JVCRush Guest

NO ... go back you had it working ...when the one light turns off and the one on the mod turns on your in business. You had it working ...get it doing that again and your fine ...cool ..let me know. They will all light up without the chip and the one will not light up and the one on the chip will when you ahve it on and working.

12. brandonks

brandonks Member

Thats the only problem. I dont know how to go back. The way the chip is sitting on the adaptor is the way you told me to, To put it on the six teeth farthest away from the screw. I just dont know what I did. When It worke the first, All but 1 light was on. Then all of a sudden a second 1 turned off, so i stopped to fix it. after that, it didnt work.

13. brandonks

brandonks Member

Now 2 lights on the adaptor turn off when I put in the chip.

14. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

15. brandonks

brandonks Member

Well... I WAS kinda of using a lil of both. Then someone told me how to... (At first I was using xenium ice). But now I think its just the type of xbox I have. Turns out, I actually have a v1.6 xbox. That could explain why it wont work with the adaptor.

16. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

17. JVCRush

JVCRush Guest

No ... that adapter your using is only for the 1.6v ... you just need to make sure the pins on the bottom of the adapter with one wire is siting OK. If nothing there you may have a bad chip. But I think it's just the pins myself ... I have done both 1.0,1.1,1.4 and 2 1.6's ... 1.6 went well and the other 3 did ok ... Play with the wires on the 4 wire adapter with it on untill you get all 5 lights then plug in the chip and go to 4 lights on the adapter and one light on the chip .... red then yellow, then red, ... wait ... then yellow. If you see yellow at all it should be working.

18. brandonks

brandonks Member

Dont I have to do some soldering to rebuild the apc port or something? because I remember reading from someplace, that in oreder to install something with a solderless adaptor, I have to rebuild the apc port by soldering or something. It also said that if I dont do that, then the adaptor wont work. And when I THOUGHT I got it working at first, I say like purple, then red, then green.... or something like that. And so far, when I get all 5 lights working on the adaptor, I plug in the chip, and 2 lights turn off instead of 1. And still... the light on the chip still does not turn on.

19. ravens1

ravens1 Regular member

No, with a Solderless modchip there is no need to solder. If you want to, you can solder the D0 to the Mobo, but you dont have to. There should also be no need to solder the Pins to the apc because the pins should be tight against the apc.

Try taking pictures and posting them. How you installed the chip may possibly incorrect.

20. brandonks

brandonks Member

Okay... but for now, im just gonna explain.... I did it the way any other person might have.... I put on the adaptor, with all pins in the holes..... all 5 LED's light up..... I put on the chip.... 2 lights turn off. The LED on the mod chip still doesnt turn on. And when I reboot it.... my xbox turns on and off three times... after the third time, the ejecter button LED flashes red and green.