1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XP misses files on install

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by pinkerton, Mar 31, 2003.

1. pinkerton

pinkerton Member

hello
    When i install xp it misses numerous files, is this a worry? Why does it do it? I have a network installed and a gforce4 MX 400 graphics card and a 1.8 processor and 526 DDR RAM.Is is because I have these installed. Ive heard that XP is fussy about what system it works well on.
    Thanks

2. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

It can and it can't be, depending on what it misses. Obviously, if it is missing crucial running files you're gonna notice it. If you would like to stop this from happening, then you need to remove all peripherals except your graphics card from your motherboard, you also need to unplug any crives you will not be using for the install, windows XP requires a very stable environment when installing and even a small influx from your power supply caused by things running while the install is in progress can mess things up royally. After XP installs, the reinstall all other cards and drives ONE AT A TIME! this should remedy the problem, otherwise if you don't notice a problem, then there ain't one.