1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid file doesnt work right

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by jznelly, Aug 19, 2003.

1. jznelly

jznelly Guest

I downloaded a Xvid movie and it doesn't work right. I kept trying to watch it and about 2 seconds it screwed up and closed down the program i was watching it in....I tried again and fastforwarded it to a little while into the movie and it worked fine....does anyone know what is rong? and how to fix it?

thanks

2. Nilee

Nilee Guest

3. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Or you can use virtualdubmod to do it.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/virtualdubmod.cfm

Load the video in vdubmod and in the video menu, get into the Scan video streams for errors submenu and click on scan. If the video stream has errors itll tell you and then you have the choice of either masking them or deleting them.
    Set the video to direct stream copy and save the avi.

Another method is to use avi fixed: http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avifix.html

Its a good idea to make a backup of the file before running it in the program, since avifixed can sometimes output corrupt videos.

4. jznelly

jznelly Guest

Ok...i tried the first waay and it didnt work. Every time i would open the video in Vdub it said program not responding and closed. I also tried a program that i found called ASF-AVI-RM-WMV Repair. It did fix the video but it put the audio like 10 seconds ahead of the video...i'll try the other two...thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2003
  5. jznelly

jznelly Guest

Thank you....The Third way that you suggested worked!! I can't play it in Windows Media Player but i can play it anything else....thanks for the help.

6. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

No Problem.
    Really? Do you get any error messages when using WMP?