1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xvid format??

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by carlito, Feb 12, 2003.

1. carlito

carlito Guest

duh now that i know xvid is divx.lol. how do i convert that to vcd so i can burn it with nero.i get error messages when i do. they're dvd screeners if that helps. thanx

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2003
  2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

What are the error messages?

3. carlito

carlito Guest

sorry 4 not getting back earlier.but this thing(error)message really blows.it just says illegal pointer and program is shutting down.now if i load the format thru nero it loads just fine but its to long.i can't cut or edit without a stupid error message.thanx anyways this blows.

4. Dela

I used to get that too actually and i never figured out what the problem was! Do you have the file in a shared folder of any sort??

5. carlito

carlito Guest

actually i do. can this be the reason?i'm very perplexed.all i want to do is watch the movie on a bigger screen...boo hoo..=(..lol...thanx anyway

6. Dela

I put all my movies into a folder c:\movies when they are to be encoded, that way there is definetly no other process using it when it through DVD2SVCD!

7. carlito

carlito Guest

i'll try that now.will it work then if i just move the whole movie to a different folder. anyway i'm going to try it.get back 2 ya!thanx!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2003
  8. Dela

It might work but I didnt promise nothing :p

9. carlito

carlito Guest

nah it did'nt work. this is head knocker. maybe there's a better program(or easier) then tmpgenc or panasonic mpeg encoder. don't know the search still continue's........=+( thanx

10. Dela

Indeed!! You could try avi2vcd or something!