1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet another newbies tutorial?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by easydisk, Jul 1, 2003.

1. easydisk

easydisk Guest

Anyone still having trouble with this DVD back-up lark might like to have a look at www.easydiskcopy.com
    I have tried to make the site easy to follow, using just three tools, and a DVDR/RW drive any DVD can be duplicated in as little as one hour! I have in the past copied over one thousand DVD's, and learnt a huge amount, and spent the same amount! now I pass it on to you! one day DVD will be as easy as audio!
    I hope to develop the site to cover other projects, tell me what you want and what you think.
    I do not support any person intending to use the information to illigally copy a DVD

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Your site doesn't give anymore info than here or Doom9 etc etc

If ppl do decide to donate £2 to you then more fool them

3. easydisk

easydisk Guest

true yes, but then nobody would have to hang around here trying to find an answer as to why their burns are not working correctly. Try this, try that etc. sticking disks? films locking up?? the answers are there man. I started on here ages ago, and nobody could give me the answers to my probs. I worked it out for myself, I am amazed that the same old threads keep poping up, yet no answers are forthcoming? myself and a couple of buddies spent a weekend burning 80 disks of different makes, with diferent tools, for no other reason than to find answers, compare results and satisfy our own curiosity as to why can't you can't just buy a pc, burner, DVD-Rs and just burn films and games that work on everything? we found answers, and until now kept them to ourselves. Why tell now? what have we to gain? All we require that we recover costs from the site and thats all, I am too damm busy on other things than to persue donations! although most sites have the sole intention of getting rich on 'donations', I don't want that, if people want say 'whats the cheapest fastest and most reliable way to make a VCD' then i'll do that, but the donations must be able able to cover the tools involved. But hey, at the end of the day, what have you done for the few weeks? I'm the one that has put something up for the newbies to follow, an i will endevor to help further. Then again, i could hang out here allday, play god but not actually help out, or give anything away! but thats not the case is it? is it? i thought we were all to help one-another!

4. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

Hey Easydisk,
    Its great to see another site trying to help educate the newbies on basic backup procedures. But take it easy on Herbsman for two reasons:

1) I trawl this site regularly during my day at work, and have seen him help a lot of people with a lot of problems.

2) No matter how simply you put it, people still have problems with this process that can't be entirely anticipated. This site and numerous others are a great service to those people (as they were to me as I was learning).

I find that the people that are asking those basic-basic-basic questions over and over are the ones who have not taken the time to do a little research on a site like yours, so lets hope your project helps some of these people so that people like Herbsman can keep helping out on the inevitable questions that will continue to pop up despite the best guides being available.

5. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

easydisk

All systems are not the same. Some will have problems, some will not. Your guide is just a duplication of whats in this forum...only thing different is we get a lot of feedback from lotsa people and the advice/help here is FREE!! What happens if they have problems with your guide? Yep, they end up asking for help here.

cheezzzz_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Just another lonely Hawaiian with:
    P4 2.66Ghz, 120gb HD (7200rpm)
    2X512mb DDR333 (PC2700) SDRAM
    Sony DVD RW DW-U12A(OEM for DRU500AX)
    DXCXpress v2.52 online if needed
    Smartipper/DvdDecrypter
    Dvd2one/Nero 551035 Enterprise Ed[/small]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2003
  6. easydisk

easydisk Guest

Yea fair comment - herbsman and I have since kissed and made up! and you are right of course, no matter how easy the guides, ppl will have troubles along the line, that's what you are all here for, and a sterling job you do too!

7. Adder_78

Adder_78 Guest

easydisk:

Do it free and you get respect. Do it for money and you dont gain any respect. That is how it works. I'm a webmaster of one finnish DVD-RW (SVCD, DivX etc) site and I will allways keep it FREE.

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

OK - i've had a good look through your site and find some of it informative for a newbie, though not for me. I too aim to have a DVD Back-up site up and running very soon. However, i will not be charging or even asking for donations. I think you commit the cardinal sin with that one. I guarantee you that your pay £2 link will provide me with no such 'secrets' that i am not already aware of.

The other problem i see is that you're not taking into consideration the very wide range of differing systems that afterdawn people use. A definitve DVD Back-up website, will always be a good idea, however, for those of us who have problems with certain aspects that aren't addressd on those websites, afterdawn and such sites are the means of which to gain help.

I tend to agree with Herbsman on this one!!

Chris

9. easydisk

easydisk Guest

I don't know where this £2 keeps poping up from, the page explains that I do not expect more that £2, could be 10p for all I care. Maybe a sin, but I am not here to make money, the funds will pay for software I woun't otherwise buy, so we are helping developers too. Do you use DVD Decypter? if so did you donate to that that? (paypal buttons)I bet the percentage is less than 1% compared to the downloads!
    Dead right though about afterdawn, we will always need the help of others, no matter how trivial, so if you misunderstood me - I wasn't knocking the forum.

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I know you weren't knocking Afterdawn, i feel that someone who is producing websites at your level should not be asking for donations at all - period!

My website, i feel would have more information on it than yours, yet i would not dream of asking for a donation. You are going about it the wrong way. My website enables me to get certain free products in return for doing a service for that person/company.

By the way, any free program i download, i will donate $1 if it gives the ability to do so. I did it for DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink.

Chris