1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You CAN burn GameCube Games, here's how

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by TheONE(1), May 15, 2004.

1. Iverson3

Iverson3 Guest

It would be so much better if we could make a deal with Nintendo to sell the special mini dvd-r discs for GC and then some one would spread the program and how to do it no more streeming just burn the game and play it. Awwwww that would be the life :)

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah but have you all tried debugging the elf files and then burning file to a mini dvd-r.I have the ProDG target manager and ProDG debugger working(all you have to do is go into these folders:bin,include,lib,profiling,SN Demos,and stl and put your registry text documents in there and it cracks the debugger).I think this could work you never know.The dreamcast has been burnt this way also backwards in.If we could get some results that it does and doesn't work then there really is no way of telling if it doesn't or does.There has to be a way not sure if this is it,but could be.I would try it to see if it works,but I don't have the GameCube.I can see what the program looks like and can say it aint a bad program,but I am curious to see if it will work or not.

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Oh and Account you are right about the GameCube discs but when you look at the Dreamcast they had there own discs too.The dreamcast used there special discs and they have gotten around it by putting the games on a cd-r.If the GameCube iso could be upstreamed then it really doesn't matter what the disc is on as long as it is upstreamed right.The program is what we all need to find to upstream the iso file just right.This is just my oppinion which could also be wrong.I am still thinking there is a way and would love to know how,but there is no clue right now how to do it.

4. NinjaServ

NinjaServ Member

Well it seems to me logically , we need to use ProDG to prep the iso then we need to isolate the track structure that the cube reads , then we can atempt to run a program called CD-Record under a unix-based OS (Free-BSD , OpenBSD ect....) w/ a text based interface to give it the byte offsets for each track , as mentioned , simelear to the dreamcast. Would be intresting to see the results of that , perhaps when im not workin 60 hrs a week and actually have time to think and try it instead of sneakin on the net when the boss aint lookin ill be able to actually crack it lol

5. angelo666

angelo666 Member

I still don't get the prodg to work.
    Can someone tell how to do it the last tips don't work for me?????

6. waldoo

waldoo Member

Did somebody already copy a game of gamecube and can say that works and can post how he did it?

7. edavis

edavis Member

it ain't no fun unless we all get some! quit leechin and start sharin! gooooooooooo proooooooooo(dg)

8. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Just a reminder folks, ProDG cannot be used to copy Gamecube discs. It is only for development of software for Gamecube consoles. It can be connected to a disc emulator also sold by the folks that make ProDG so you can test your software. Once you are ready to produce your software, you still have to send it to Nintendo to get them to press it for you.

9. justin10

justin10 Member

There is a video on suprnova.org of a guy using a regular dvd in a gamecube and playing an actual gamecube game. He somehow removed the whole outer case so the dvd would fit. ANybody know how do do that??

10. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey justin10 the video is a fake for real,at least I think.There is alot of progress though on a chip that should be released the chip8.I was reading it off of http://www.gcdemos.com if you want to read up on the progress of the chip.I downloaded the video off of SuprNova and there are a couple reasons why I think it is fake.The first reason is that you can't see everything in the room of the video,which tells me there could have been another gamecube playing in the background or either hidden.The person in the video that is actual messing with the so called game that is backed up is not alone.There is another person in the room with him.There could have been timing involved to where you could actually time the procedure.The video was like this right:It starts off showing you the person that so called hacked the cube taking the disc out of his tower of his computer,takes the disc and shows what it looks like,alright right here is where I think they have the timing down.If you look really closely there is another person in the room.The other person turns on the other GameCube while the so called person that hacked the cube is messing with the one that has the top tooken off.The game that was played was the Star Wars Squadran game.The other reason I think this is a fake is because if you notice the gameplay of the game was pretty good meaning no freezing occuring or even bad quality.If you think this is still real by the way the person was messing with the controller,still it is all done by time.The way they could have done it also was actually started telling each other what buttons while being timed.I noticed there was no sound on the video also.Anyway I still think it is a fake,and would be pretty hard to say what a real video would look like since there is no hack yet except for streaming.

11. justin10

justin10 Member

yea i guess your right. Does the gamecube even read dvds?

12. justin10

justin10 Member

Actually, I watched it again. He is using the controller that is plugged in to the gamecube to move it. You can see the wire coming from it. So he cant be using a differant gamecube.

13. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

It's fake man I am saying that the controller he is using is not working therefore he can press the buttons as much as he wants to.The person in the background is probably doing all the movement with the controller.I am saying there is no sound also,so if I said to you press A on the controller you could do it in a second right.I think it is a fake still,anyways look at it again and see what the other person is doing man.

14. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

That's what I have been trying to point out from the start of all of this. ProDG has nothing to do with the burning of discs. It is a software development suite and does not include facilities for transferring it to media. Only Nintendo can transfer your ProDG developed software to their proprietary media.

15. bill101

bill101 Member

If you want some awesome amazingly free programs such as hudeini or key code crack programs go join up with www.warezbb.org

all post marked Sinned are virus free

16. warworld

warworld Member

is thare a problem if i use dvd-rw???

17. Hogmyster

Hogmyster Member

no there shouldnt be a problem with dvd-rw's

Last edited: Sep 13, 2004
  18. warworld

warworld Member

PLZ SOMONE TEL ME WHARE TO FIND DOLPHIN SDK!!!!!

19. )om(az

)om(az Guest

Hello,
    you can find it with emule or edonkey.

20. )om(az

)om(az Guest

What ICEMONKEY said is right, ProDG is only a compiler/linker witch use the Dolphin SDK library (and others one). I know because i use it whit Visual C++. And it will be the same issue with Codewarrior for NGC (an another compiler/linker). So if you wish to burn a Nintendo's DVD you must get the NR-writer with NR-disc and a SCSI card. But it should be a dream ... but not mine.

see you soon.