1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle Studio 12 problems.

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by sagoga, Dec 9, 2008.

1. sagoga

sagoga Member

I have Studio 12+ and would like to discuss some problems with people who has knowledge of this program. One of my problems is that in order to open a file Studio 12 says that you have to get permission from the Admin. But I start Studio 12 as an Admin. I am the only one who use this computer. I have also deaktivated UAC.
    sagoga.

2. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

I'm running Vista and converting my own AVCHD home movies into DivX HD. Haven't had a problem yet.

Are these your own files or something else?

3. sagoga

sagoga Member

I have updated the drivers for my computer and I think this solved the problem. But I may come back to you if there is another problem.

4. sagoga

sagoga Member

Why are you using DivX HD? Is this format better than MPEG 2?
    I have older videos from Studio 11. Do you think that I should remake them in Studio 12?

5. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

My camcorder is a Sony HDR-SR1 Full HD 1080 and gives out the format .m2ts which I guess is a form of MPEG-4

I can watch .m2ts directly on the PS3. I've converted them all to DivX so that I can give copies to family memebers. DivX can play in a lot of DVD players and can easily be played on the computer.
    Without any updates I can play DivX or .m2ts on PS3 and
    With a small update I can play DivX or MPEG-4 on the Xbox360.

If your footage is HD I recommend converting to DivX with preset High Definition or MPEG-4 preset High Definition.
    I still have all my original files backed up which is ideal if I were to decide a different format is more optimal. Once a file is converted you might not be able to get original quality if you convert it to something else.

I haven't used Studio 12 for very long, but it seems like the ideal software for any video conversion.

6. sagoga

sagoga Member

Thank you for this information. I suppose that DivX gives better picture than DVD. I have Canon HF100 which is a AVCHD camcorder.

7. canikki12

canikki12 Member

I still have the problem of not being able to open files that I have created and save in Pinnacle 12. I get the error..you do not have permission...etc. The are my files that I saved as in the program or files that I used "make Movie". Any ideas? I have removed and then reinstalled as well as downloading update drivers. Using Vista 64bit system on Gateway PC.

8. canikki12

canikki12 Member

Now I am also getting an "invalid argument was encountered" message and the program is not loading correctly. Help!!

9. sagoga

sagoga Member

Have you checked that it is OK with Vista 64? People usually have Vista 32.

10. canikki12

canikki12 Member

Yes, I did change that and now the error message is gone. Still can't open files that I have saved though.

11. sagoga

sagoga Member

You have to tell me how you made this file and what kind of file it is, mts, mpeg2 or whatever.

12. canikki12

canikki12 Member

Ok, from the start. I made a program combining stills and video clips. When finished i gave file a name and saved it with save as. I went into the projects file. I then made movie and saved this to My Videos. I used mpeg-2 in this case but the same results happen when I used AVI files. Now when I go back into either of these files I get the "you are not allowed to used these files you must have admin. permission." I am the admin. and have check "anyone using this machine" for the access. I do not know if I am saving wrong or the problem is with Pinnacle 12 or with the way my machine is set up?

13. polo724

polo724 Member

I have a problem with editing videos with pinnacle studio 12. If I place effects and try to render it it will give me an error, but when I remove all the effects and just plain video clips it will render with no problem. What's the use of editing if I can't even put effects on a clip. I don't know if I need the patch for it, please help. thank you

14. canikki12

canikki12 Member

Your program may be too long. By adding effect, Transitions, etc., you also add to the program length. I had this happen as well and I took out everyother transition and then the program worked. Might have to edit the original video/slide down and the add effect or some combination of the two to get it to render.

15. pandii

pandii Member

Can someone help me? My problem is that every time I start the program up, it freezes for a second, and says, "this program is not responding." Then, I tried restarting my computer a few times and it didn't work. The program should work; I only got it a few days ago. It works really well, except for this problem. Please help!!

16. honners

honners Member

I hope someone can help.
    I've just bought a Panasonic TZ7, which records HD video in .mts format. I installed pinnacle 12 to look at editing the files, and burning to DVD. When I first started it, it told me my graphics driver needed updating, so I updated. When I load files into a project, in the preview pane the video looks inverted, and the audio is flakey.
    The files play perfectly on the PC in Media Player.
    Pinnacle just happened to be the first package I saw on a list with HD support. Is it me, my PC, or shall I just try a different s/w package? Any help appreciated.

17. bowlerx

bowlerx Member

I recently used .mts files in a movie along with .avi format and had success...