1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 big movie file

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 6tristan9, Jan 8, 2005.

1. 6tristan9

6tristan9 Member

Hey, my first question is..
    I have 2 Movie files which belong together. I have half of the movie on my computer and the other half of the movie on my computer. I need some software that will simply put these to Halfs together.
    Anyone know what softawre i should use??
    My second quesiton is..
    I have a large movie file on my Hard drive and it cant fit on only one DVD-R disk. What software can spilt the movie into half, so i can put half of my movie on one disk and the other half on another??
    Thanx for your help

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I think that nero recode2 may do the job. It can make flipper discs into 1 side discs, Goodfellas being a prime example.

3. 6tristan9

6tristan9 Member

I have already tried DVDFAB gold but that can only split it in two when you have a DVD to burn off not a file on your hard drive

4. brobear

brobear Guest

DVD Shrink (free), DVD2One, and DVDCopy3 are all capable of merging movie files.

RB/CCE will encode most of the large movies to fit onto a single disc. Otherwise, DVDCopy3 will copy to multiple discs. Hmm... Copy3 appeared in both lists, one app that will do both. They have a trial on the app at InterVideo.com. Download and give the trial a workout. If you need to decrypt anything, that will need to be done first.

5. 6tristan9

6tristan9 Member

Great help thanx man

6. brobear

brobear Guest

You're welcome. BTW, that would have to be a large movie for DVDCopy3 not to be able to compress it to one disc. The app will also allow you to cut out extras to lower the compression. What movie is it, if you can say in public? LOL

7. 6tristan9

6tristan9 Member

naa man better not say lol both files are not too big laround 400 mb

8. brobear

brobear Guest

That doesn't look like a big Mpeg2 file setup for DVD. What format are these files in. 400MB is tiny for a DVD Video. You wouldn't be dealing with DivX or something similar would you? Most of the big movies are near 7 to 8GB.

9. brobear

brobear Guest

For something that small, try one of the editing tools like ifoedit. Sounds like you only want to splice a clip on that one.

10. 6tristan9

6tristan9 Member

the files are .avi i think DivX maybe

11. brobear

brobear Guest

Different ballgame. You have to know the format and find a file converter to record to DVD. Nero's NVE works on some.