1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 click dvd copier software / Burn Speed Selection

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by cougar_ii, Apr 6, 2005.

1. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hello everyone,

I have briefly / heard of several 1 click button dvd copier such as:

InterVideo DVDCopy 3
    1Click DVD Copy
    DvdXCopy Platinum / Gold

just to name those, I'm sure there are plenty more good applications out there...

How come all those software all have burning engines but do not let you choose the burning speed !

I'm sure most of them are very good, but I do not want to burn at high speed, I would like to have a speed selection.

This is why I use DVDShrink and Nero to burn.

My 2 cents...

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

this is one of the disadvantages of 1-click transcoding tools.

3. diverj

diverj Regular member

Actually, using that logic, all of the copy programs you mentioned, should allow you the same convenience. You do not have to burn to the disk with any of them (there by avoiding the speed issue). You could just put them on your HD and burn with nero, and in that case all of the programs mentioned will do the job just fine.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I used X Copy and DVD Copy 3 for a while, ran into problems with both. The combinations that have never NEVER failed me were DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink and AnyDVD.

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

diverj

Absolutely correct, if you want to control your speed then send it to your hard disk first and then set your speed inside your burning app (Nero, CopyToDvd).

6. permatex

permatex Regular member

it appears that most of the dvd copy software people build in a happy medium system for burn speed that will work on any computer,keep in mind burn speed is related to mmemory,hard drive seek speed,cpu and type of burner to nane a few.they had to come up with a standard burn speed spread that will work on all computer systems using the minimum requirements.

7. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

If you could change the speed it wouldn't be "1 click" any more. It would take multiple clicks. Suggest one use burners that give you flexibility to optimize your particular system.

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

permatex

Very little CPU resources are used in burning and only a moderate amount of memory is used. I have Plextors 712 and 716 and they will burn 4X media at 8X unless I can adjust burn speed manually. Whether I have 256 megs of memory or 2 gigs memory, the burn speed for both will always be 8X. So unless I can access speed settings in DVDcopy3 or other 1 clickers, my drives will always burn at 8X.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  9. permatex

permatex Regular member

to sophocles-i agree with what you are saying about the low cpu usage and memory but keep in mind depending on which operating system you are using enough programs can be running in the background to affect the outcome of most any dvd copy program.if you go to the web sites of many of the dvd copy programs they will generally give a long list programs running in the background that can affect the outcome of a good dvd copy.this information is not generally mentioned when they give you the minimum requirements for their software.

10. MCMadman

MCMadman Member

Cougar_ii

I downloaded the trial of 1Click DVD Copy and it came with VSO's CopyToDVD and it uses that to burn to the DVD. So, if you go to CopyToDVD's settings and click on the Writing devices tab, you can set the Maximum writing speed for DVD media. After that, every time you burn using 1Click DVD Copy, it will burn at the maximum speed you have selected in settings.

You can also go to the Writing engine tab within CopyToDVD's settings and check "Prompt for another copy of the same media" allowing you to burn more than one copy of the DVD without having to re-process it.