1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 click dvd copy /clone dvd

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Appa, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Appa

Appa Regular member

I still have these 2 programs on 2 different notebooks and thought that I should post this.

First 1 click from the reading that I am doing is capable of compressing a dvd to 4.75 which I do not see in my exisiting Clone DVD.

What I was wondering is if this new Pro version of 1 Click requires the use of Any DVD, as the way I read it... or I may have understood it is that it decrypts????
    Since I already have a version of 1 click there is a special on the Pro version for $39 to get this program.
    I am pondering this since I don't seem to see the compression feature in Clone DVD which I use with Any DVD.

Uusally I end up using Shrink and Nero to burn along with Any DVD.

I would appreciate experienced comments, thankyou.

I should say that I have 3 notebooks, one I use Shrink/Nero/Any DVD, the other with 1 Click/Any DVD and the third Clone DVD/Any DVD.

But I am finding more and more of my backups need compression and it always seems to be when I am working on my latest notebook that has 1 click/any dvd and that is why I am wondering if it is a reliable program (Pro) with Any DVD and does the compression.

I really would appreciate experienced end users comments as everyone here is so helpful. Thankyou.

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I use AnyDVD + CloneDVD all the time with perfect results. But when the compression of the DVD goes below 80% quality I use better programs to get the best results. DVDRebuilder Pro is the best quality compression program out there! I used 1 click a few times and found it inferior to the combination of AnyDVD + CloneDVD. Just my opinion.... I got rid of 1 click a long time ago. I hardly hear of this program any more but AnyDVD + CloneDVD are always talked about here and are member favorites for a reason...... they are constantly updated for life and they work!

of course CloneDVD does compression to a blank DVD! Take your pick... DVD5 or DVD9:
    [​IMG]
    if you use the CUSTOM setting...... set no higher than 4400MB! this way you don't get too close to the outer edge of the DVD5 (single sided blank DVD). the DL setting is for a DVD9 (double sided blank DVD). I suggest you keep it on the DVD5 and it will do just fine!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  3. Appa

Appa Regular member

I am a little confused here, as I find that most of my children's backups of the movies that we buy them are dual layer and are longer than the normal regular dvd that I back up with and was not sure whether I could use Clone DVD to do a Backup of the Dual Layer Source Disk onto a Regular dvd disc.
    I thought that Clone DVD did not have that ability and so when I read about 1 click and it indicated that the Pro version had a Decrypter in it as well I assumed then I would not need to use Any DVD and it would do the compressing well.

I guess what I am saying is that normally I would have to use Shrink and my Nero which is version 6.6.0.18 which I continue to use along with Any DVD for a DL disc backup.
    I have tried to do a DL backup with my BenQ 162I and have had problems even though I used Verbatims. I can't remember what the issue was, however I thought with the cost of the DL's that I would stick with compressing.
    But I would like to use simply one program like 1 Click Pro or Clone DVD if it will compress the Dual Layer Source Disc onto a Regular Quality disc with using only one of these programs.

Again I look forward to experienced end user comments.
    Thankyou for your time.

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

1Click is a decrypter and transcoder that will take out the encryptions and make the decrypted DVD smaller to fit onto DVD5. CloneDVD must have a decrypter to break the encryptions on a DVD then it can transcode the DVD to fit onto a DVD5. So you have to use a program like AnyDVD to take out the encryptions of the original DVD to use CloneDVD. two programs. But you think that ONE program should be better than two! Wrong. AnyDVD is one of the best programs out there! It's always kept up to date to break any new encryptions that new and old DVDs come up with! and the it's free updates for life! When other programs like 1click can't keep up with new encryptions that's where AnyDVD excels! AnyDVD and CloneDVD are one of the best combo's you can get!~ 1click.... hardly heard of it and used it once or twice..... if you want a great one program to do it all..... then buy DVDFab Platinum: http://www.dvdfab.com/ Now this program is well kept... always updated to do the newest releases and you can also use it for your mobile device! I use it for my iPod! it converts movies to mp4 and I import the movie to my iPod. Along with burning movies to DVD5s or DVD9s! DVDFab Platinum is much better than 1click! So if you want are really good ONE program that does it all I suggest you use either DVDFab Platinum or InterVideo DVDCopy! Those are great programs.... 1click can't compare to those!

5. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

#1-1clickdvd copy regular or pro is not a decrypter(it doesn't break encryption), it is a transcoder(compress to D5)
    #2- all these programs have their strong points, 1clickdvd has a good, not great picture quality but, it is one of the best at dealing with scratched discs. clonedvd2 has one of the worst picture quality of the bunch but, together with anydvd, it handles new encryptions better than all of them put together(we all should know that sometimes anydvd is not enough). The transcoders with the best picture quality are: 1) intervideo, 2) recode2, 3) shrink, 4) dvd2one. I have tried rebuilder with an encoder, it is the best in term of picture quality but, it takes tooooooo long. personally, i prefer Recode2 and/or dvd2one.

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I have used all the programs that elizerroj has used ...... opinions are opinions.... Rebuilder Pro with CCE or ProCoder2 (encoders) is the best quality you can get! I like Intervideo DVDCopy5 and AnyDVD + CloneDVD and find that they do great jobs where Intervideo gives slight edge in quality but not much to make any big difference on the large screen TVs. IMHO! Shrink and Recode do great jobs.... but with all the compressions going on.... if it has less than 80% quality I will only use DVDRebuilder Pro with CCE. so to me it doesn't matter what program I use, I'll always get great quality! and here are all my programs:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  7. narcismo

narcismo Regular member

appa,
    clone and 1-click both incorporate "trans-coders" which means they will both "compress your DL to DVD-5".
    both require an "on the fly decrypter" like any-dvd or dvd-43(a free, but much inferior decrypter, compared to any-dvd).
    .... i totally agree with that statement.however,dvdrebuilder is somewwat complicated for an newb. i think it best to use progs like clone or 1-click as your training wheels first.
    ...... i believe that statement may be a little harsh, not wrong , but still a bit over-critical.
    just keep using this site as your guide and you cant go wrong.

8. daxiaoxie

daxiaoxie Guest