1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'1 Click DVD Copy Pro' vs 'Clone DVD2'

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Ken41, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Ken41

Ken41 Member

Anyone here familiar with both '1 Click DVD Copy Pro' and 'Clone DVD2'?

I'm currently a contented user of the basic '1 Click DVD Copy' and 'AnyDVD'.

But I'm considering an upgrade of '1 Click'. For maximum ease of use combined with control of what (extras, etc.) gets copied, should I choose '1 Click DVD Copy Pro' or 'Clone DVD2'? I'm impressed by the claim of the latter: 'Our unique Filmstrip assistant will guide you step-by-step through all settings - easy for beginners'!

Someone gave me Nero 6.x but it just didn't seem to give me sufficient control plus a final disc that would run on stand-alone DVD-players.

Thanks - Ken41

2. ireland

ireland Active member

no contest,clonedvd is the one to use with anydvd.
    very easy to use and is updated much more then 1CLICK DVD COPY - PRO
    and clonedvd is much cheaper.in price...
    been using clonedvd and anydvd from the first day..

had i click,got rid of it..

read this
    The discount for AfterDawn users can be obtained by entering code "afterdawn" (without quotes) to the promotion code field in the check-out page. The discount will expire on 22nd of June, 2006. Discount applies to all SlySoft products, at these rates:

* single license (normal price: 39$) - discount: 5.00 US$
    * 2 license bundle (59$) - discount: 10.00 US$
    * 3 license bundle (78$) - discount: 15.00 US$
    * 4 license bundle (95$) - discount: 20.00 US$

So, by purchasing all four SlySoft's products (CloneDVD, AnyDVD, CloneDVD mobile and CloneCD), you save $20.

go here for more info
    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/7639.cfm

Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
  3. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

@ireland. i see you are a fan of clonedvd2, what do you think of its quality output compare to programs like Recode2 and shrink. i'm speaking about quality output only.

4. pazzini

pazzini Guest

Out of the transcoders Nero Recode 2 will give you the best picture quality when using advanced analysis with high quality mode and with the AEC setting set to max smooth.

DVDShrink comes second

1click pro comes third

Clonedvd2 comes fourth

DVD2one comes fith

1click pro's picture is much better than clonedvd2

have a look here http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=179525

and go to post 9

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2006
  5. Rob1026

Rob1026 Regular member

wow i always thought dvd shrink sucked in pic quality, well? che sera sera

6. pazzini

pazzini Guest

If you want the ultimate picture quality and not worried how long it takes I suggest using DVD-Rebuilder pro with Procoder 2 / CCE or HC18.

7. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

@pazzini. agree on recode2, it produces the best quality picture of all the transcoders.
    in order of best quality, i would:
    1-Recode2.
    2-shrink.
    3-dvd2one.
    4-1clickdvd, regular or pro.
    5-clonedvd2.

yes, you are wright, rebuilder with a encoder produces the best quality, i have used it a few times, it just takes an unacceptable amount of time with my system. HC is free and one of the best.

p:s: since intervideo won't fix its many, many bugs, it can't be counted which is too bad, for it would beat them all in picture qaulity.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  8. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

@Rob 1026. Shrink is very, very close to recode2 in picture quality. shrink is still, and with a little help(anydvd/fabdecrypter/vobblanker)will continue to be a great transcoder.

9. ireland

ireland Active member

i use my back ups on a 40 inch tv..i tried all the program above..
    only reason i said clonedvd its easy to use.and the q not bad..
    i am not the only one that did the test..

the program that has better q is (stand back for the fireworks)
    dvdxcopy platinum-rf 40415.and the rips are very fast..
    rf means ripper free..must be used with anydvd..

10. Rob1026

Rob1026 Regular member

ya but do those programs have menu preserving? thats why i dont ever use shrink i have nero recode and dont like it either i just simply use any with clone but i have a 52 inch flat widescreen sony television and anydvd and clonedvd2 put out a great picture

11. cynn

cynn Regular member

@ireland n all, I am trying the DVDFabPlatinum(GoldMode) trial and am surprise quality is really good yet not many recommend it when a newbie ask suggestions.... But I don't have a big screen test. Was 1Click similar in picture quality to DVDFab? Btw, why did you throw out 1 Click? I am between buying 1Click n DVDFab but my 1st trial with DVDFab, it left out 1 chapter of the movie. So far, it's been finw. Ive two days left.
    @Ken41, I believe 1Click has better picture quality than Clone. Just my opinion after comparing.....

12. Ken41

Ken41 Member

Thanks cynn, and others. Yes, I take the point about picture quality. But I already have the excellent '1 Click DVD Copy' as my basic tool. My question was largely to do with ease of use when I want to use a different program ('1 Click DVD Copy Pro', 'CloneDVD2', whatever) when the matter of selecting just specific tracks for copying arises (e.g., from a disc containing multiple episodes of a TV series, or with several 'extras' only some of which I require).

- Ken41

13. cynn

cynn Regular member

@Ken41, why don't you try the trial of Pro? I believe it was easier than Fab or Clone. Then again, just my opinion...
    @Ireland,hope to see your opinion between 1Click and DVD fab Gold mode. Thks

14. ireland

ireland Active member

15. Ken41

Ken41 Member

Thanks for all your responses, guys. Don't know whether trialing will work for me as a while ago I already tried the various products re a specific problem (rather than general comparison of the products). As I say, I take the point about picture quality. But my main concern is with ease of use when selecting specific tracks, extras, etc., for copying. Sounds to be like 'CloneDVD2' wins on that ease-of-use issue.

-Ken41

16. gogochar

gogochar Guest

I think DVD Shrink wins the case every time! That's just my opinion though, won't find everyone agreeing with me...

17. luther13

luther13 Guest

i am fairly new to this fun game . so what i need is some inside info for speed and quality , i know im asking alot , but , i know the answer is outthere . i have dvdshrink vso divx to dvd converter . they work great but time consuming , also use alcohol120% very fast
    regards

18. Ken41

Ken41 Member

My gosh, gogochar, DVDShrink looks to be exactly what I'm looking for - and it's FREE!

Thanks muchly - Ken41

19. narcismo

narcismo Regular member

I've been using 1 click w/dvd 43 or any dvd for about 6 mos. now w/o any problems. Now all a sudden , the dvd wont burn.It rips fine but then it burns just enough to ruin the dvd(about 15 or so now).man im gonna rip my freakin hair out."error: unable to seek requested position."I thought maybe other programs were conflicting with it but i deleted all others.also un-installed 1-click and any dvd.............same thing. I'm about to go back to decrypter and shrink, but they take twice as long to get the same result. I'm really starting to get bummed.what did i contract, anyone else having this problem or one like it.
    i'd appreciate any insight

20. Ken41

Ken41 Member

luther13 and narcismo - guys, how come you're on THIS thread instead of starting new threads of your own?! You'll probably attract more attention to your questions by doing things that way, and shan't cloud the issues of this current thread!

Just my response, fwiw!

- Ken41