1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 Click DVD Copy Problem

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Joe-Dogg, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Joe-Dogg

Joe-Dogg Member

I'm using DVD43 and 1 Click...after 1 Click reads the DVD and I put the blank one in to start burning, i get this error message every time...
    Can't connect to hardware access layer (Patin-Couffin or ASPI)
    I know I have the latest ASPI drivers

2. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

download the pattin-couffin drivers.

google for them.

3. Joe-Dogg

Joe-Dogg Member

I tried that and still get the same error message. What else could the problem be?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  4. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

that sounds like a problem with your drive... doesn't look like it can communicate with your drive - have you tried troubleshooting?

5. Joe-Dogg

Joe-Dogg Member

It doesn't have any trouble with any other software

6. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Have you tried a different burner to see if it will reconize the drive/disc?

7. permatex

permatex Regular member

to joe-dogg.reinstall 1-clivk dvd copy and see what happens.

8. hl11mb

hl11mb Guest

I'm also having trouble with this "1click" I get the same error message every time I try to burn a new dvd. I'm new to this and I've tried to dvd decrypter. What can I do to burn my DVD's?
    Help please!

9. permatex

permatex Regular member

to hl11mb-it sound as though you need a good reliable decripter.i use 1-click and anydvd together with no problems.anydvd is reliable and it is updated when needed to keep up with the new copyright scheems comeing out.go to slysoft.com and take a look at anydvd.

10. Joe-Dogg

Joe-Dogg Member

Hey guys I fixed it...finally!! Seems my version of copytodvd was old...i re-installed it and 1 click both...works fine now! Thanks for all the help

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  11. hl11mb

hl11mb Guest

ok the error message says: Write error at 61536(16) Code 05 21 02 [illegal request,Invalid address for write]
    Anyone know what this is?

12. solo61

solo61 Member

could be the disk that might be the problem,use the latest any dvd with 1click tocopy and that shhould work

13. hl11mb

hl11mb Guest

I'm sorry didn't understand which disk?

14. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

15. OPenn

OPenn Guest

My 1ClickDVD software works fine. One question. Will DVD-RW 9 blank discs work with the Philips DVD+RW which was installed by DELL on my new computer? I'm getting the feeling that a special, perhaps, external DVD+RW drive might be needed. Some DVDs contain many extras and the DVD with 4.7 capacity isn't sufficient.

My DVD plays these DVDs, but can I duplicate with what I have?

16. permatex

permatex Regular member

to Openn-youd dvd writer must be capable or writeing to +r as well as -r.not all dvd writers will write to both,check your writer specs.as for 1-click dvd copy this program will shrink most movies to fit on a 4.7gb disk.1-click will automatically shrink the movie as needed.to use a bigger disk known as bouble layer,1-click can handle a double layer but your dvd wriyer may not be able to copy to double layer disks,here again you need to check the specs on your dvd weiter.

17. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Openn,

You must have a double-layered writer to write to a double-layered disc. Check the model of your DVD writer and go here to see what it's capable of doing -

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters.php?DVDnameid=173&Search=Search&list=0

My off-hand guess is that you don't have a dual-layered writer so either use 1ClickDVD to write to a 4.7Gb disc OR purchase a Dual-layered writer. Remember that Dual-layered discs cost about $5.00 each and are out of reach for many pple.

Cheers

Pete

@permatex,

You have got to use spell check, I even found your post hard to read, imagine a Newbie or someone who has English as a second language trying to figure out what a bouble, a wriyer or even a weiter is much less what to do with it - Knowledge is excellent but not much good if you don't have the skills to pass it on.

"P"

18. OPenn

OPenn Guest

"Thank you" to everyone who answered my post. I will probably purchase a two-layered DVD copier and use it for extra long DVDs. I make copies, but not for money. Personally, I'd rather make a copy of a DVD or CD than have somebody "borrow" mine and forget to give it back. I've had people to borrow a CD and then loan it to somebody else who doesn't return it to the one that "borrowed" it from me! Never again.

Thanks again.

19. OPenn

OPenn Guest

I just noticed on my 1ClickDVD program that there is, indeed, a choice to copy single and double-layered DVDs. It warns that one must have the "DVD media" in order to copy the capacity. I suppose this 'media' is the DVD 9 blanks. For those of you who have 1Click to go to "Options" and you'll see your choices.

20. permatex

permatex Regular member

to OPen-your dvd writer must also be able to write to double layer.check your writer specs.