1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100% quality over 2 discs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by LionelS, Mar 29, 2004.

1. LionelS

LionelS Member

Can someone please advise, there seems to be a lot of discussion about squeezing a movie onto one disc, however are there any programs out there that allow someone to retain the exact same quality by splitting the movie over two discs (other than DVD X Copy Platinum) . If so are any of these the programs talked about in these forumns? I have DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, Nero, & Dvd X copy Platinum. I don't believe any of these (except Platinum) allow you to split a dvd 9 disc onto two discs and retain 100% video quality of movie. With the cost of blank media coming down a lot over the last year or two it is not really an issue for me to retain the exact same quality over two discs. Surely there must be programs out there by now that can help people like me(particularly now DVD X Copy Platinum has been stopped).

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Yes you can do that with dvd shrink,just go to reauthor and start end frames and use the drop down boxes to split the chapters.You wont have menu function just movie only with no compression.You could also add extras if you have room and wish to do so.
    try this guide,its for dvd shrink 2.3 but its the same method for all versions of shrink.. http://www.dvdshrink.info/splitting-v2-3.php
    jim
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out of it alive!!
    if you can read this..you dont need glasses.
    read and sign this:http://www.petitiononline.com/fairuse/petition.html[/small]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2004
  3. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Give the trial of InterVideo DVD Copy 2 a shot. Not only can you do a 2 disc backup, they claim their process also matches the various bitrate changes of the original exactly.