1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$1000 Budget Gaming comp

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by koolyoe, Jul 20, 2012.

1. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

Basically I have $1000 to spend. I can go over a little if absolutely needed.

I am not really sure what is best for what. What I do know is that I want to be able to run WoW, BF3, GW2 those are basically all I play/ Will play on computer for now. I don't care about what brand just as long as it all works well together and will give me a nice smooth gaming action.

The only thing I am particular about is the case. Yes I want a good looking case preferably one that will glow blue.

If you can put together a list of everything that I will need I will do the shopping online.

I really appreciate your time and thank you for helping me out.

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

3. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Check out the maximum specification required for any games you want to play and/or see yourself playing, and then shop for part appropriately. If you come up with a list of parts you're looking to buy within budget, you'll gladly get advice on whether or not they will be compatible/if there are any stand-out better alternatives.

A few basics involve checking that the parts you buy are compatible with your choice of motherboard in these areas:

- CPU manufacturer
    - CPU socket
    - supported RAM amount
    - supported RAM speed(s)

4. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Random comment of the week goes to...

But loved it nonetheless! Haha.