1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100MB/s connection to gamecube dont work, crashes.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Quezacotl, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

So, when i'm streaming game to gamecube with GC-Sim (that has 100MB/s support), it loads, and before game menus will show up, gamecube just boots. with 10MB/s it works, but lags:(
    What settings i have to put that 100MB/s will work? i have Smartlink 10/100MB NIC and fast enough computer that it could work(1GHz,256RAM)
    what settings to enable etc. in PSO and NIC configuration?
    and what is suggested delay/frequency/cache?

by the way, in phoenix, can choose cache 1-100, but gamecube has RAM only 24MB...

2. tempest9

tempest9 Member

What are you using to load the dol?
    I run at 100Mbps using SDload and GCSIMpreviewrepack. Do not use SDIPDATA.CFG, I delete it completly off SD card to be sure, but you should be able to edit ON to OFF. Start up s3-gcsim.exe on PC select ISO, wait for HDD activity to stop and then start up s3-gcsim.dol on the cube. Now initialization errors 9 times out of 10.
    To cut down on Xs I have max speed down to 16-20. Intro scenes are choppy, but game play is fine.
    Good Luck

3. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Try a Netgear of 3Com NIC if you have one available. Is your NIC an onboard model? If so it's probably not reliable.

4. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

how i change that?

will SDload work with PSO too?, is'nt SDload to SD-card-thing too? and if it works with PSO, is it better than PSUL or PSOload, and how?

5. tempest9

tempest9 Member

Q1:
    Open s3-gcsim.dat with a text editor (ex notepad).
    Follow instructions in the file.
    Q2:
    With SDload you do not need PSO, AT ALL!
    s3-gcsim.dol initializes the BBA at 100Mbps.

Good Luck!

6. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

i found a GC-sim GUI, and there's that max speed setting=)

7. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

how i do that?, i downloaded SDload and there was that i need a SD card, and i dont have that.
    but by the way, i had a thought that if download those SD-files to regular memory card throught PSO, then when the files are in card, it acts like a SD card, and then is no need to PSO because in boot comes a menu.
    could that work? and if, how? is it done already?

8. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

I tried to stream game to GC with that GCSim-gui, but on Starcube screen, there comes "Detecting network settings..." then comes "INITIALIZATION ERROR"
    what can be reason to it?

9. tempest9

tempest9 Member

I have not gotten the GUI version to work, pretty sure some of the defaults are wrong (port #, etc) at least for me.
    As far as I know, an SD card and adapter are needed to run SDload.

10. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

ok, but SDcard works without Pc too, so regular memory card could work too. so, do you know any program that i can upload any data to memory card with PSO+BBA?

11. tempest9

tempest9 Member

uhm no,
    When SD card is readied for use the the GC you run a program called SDpatch. Read the info that comes in the SDload zip.
    I do not know how or if you could run off a GC memory card.

12. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Initialization Error occurs when an unsupport NIC is being used to stream from the PC to the Gamecube. Try a 3Com or a Netgear NIC and see if that solves the problem.

13. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

this afterdawn goes offline often, and my previous message seems have been vanished somehow:(

but when i tried again gcsim gui, there did'nt came initialization error, it seems to come sometimes and sometimes not.

problem after problem... when i got 100MB/s to work, it was only streaming about 5MB/s, and i thought that it was because i have tweaked my windows net settings etc. and windows was besides slow(unformatted 1 year) then i formatted and installed windows again. then, Phoenix did'nt work when i installed it again. when i doubleklick to phoenix, it does nothing. is there any file that is needed that it works?

14. tempest9

tempest9 Member

reload an earlier version and then replace the.exe with 2.5 Search forum - his has been discused.

and yes initialization errors can be hit or miss

Unfotunalty for me I am using a laptop and cannot easily change to the NICs recommended by Icemonkey.
    <edit>
    Actually, I just searched eBay and I could get a 3com to replace my Xircom and miniPCI is easy to swap out! :)

Does the use of a crossover help or hurt?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2005