1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100x100 Gif's?? Any chance beside our name

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Oriphus, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Big Boss man (dRD), any chance we can put gif images beside our name sometime? I think they look really well. I've a cracker one id love to use.

Also, can we have post counts beside our names too. Just for bragging purposes lol.

Im like a spoilt kid. My moto underneath doesnt apply to me ya see!

Cheers,
    Chris

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Post counts are possible, but the avatars wont happen -- I personally hate them and as I've coded the whole darn forum software, it's highly unlikely that I'll add them :)

I know that there are actually hundreds, if not thousands, of users who quite regularly read the forums using GPRS connections and avatars and other "useless" images would slow down the page loading times quite dramatically.

...and yes, some users even have 56k modems still :)__X_X_X_X_X_[small]Petteri Pyyny
    Webmaster
    http://AfterDawn.com/

Please read our guides before posting questions! Guides are available here:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/[/small]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2003
  3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I suppose your right about the avatars. Didnt know 56K still existed - ;-)

Post counts would be great though, even to read some smart guys past posts might be a help. Saves you having to start a new thread that was answered a month or two a go and could save the smart guy the hassle of the PM's. _X_X_X_X_X_[small]He who Asks for Nothing, Shall Never be Dissapointed![/small]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2003