1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1080i help on Sony KP-61HS10

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by SirRaven, Dec 15, 2006.

1. SirRaven

SirRaven Member

Hi, I'm new to HD. In fact, my father has had this big screen TV since back when HD was new and he was shopping for a 60+" projection TV. He didn't want to wait until plasmas/lcds were cheaper.

Anyways, he told me it was HD so I started researching it. The TV apparently supports 480p and 1080i. I hooked up a friend's xbox360 to it but for some reason when in 1080i I get horrible blue and red outlines on every on-screen image and a slight blur over the overall image. When I put the settings down to 480p it looks fine, be it fullscreen and usual jaggies since it's not exactly HD.

Has anyone heard of this problem occurring with 1080i on projection tvs connected via y-pb-pr component cables? I'd really like a fix because the 1080i is going to waste if it's always going to look so crappy.

2. SirRaven

SirRaven Member

nevermind, close thread...i foolishly forgot to do a flash focus on the convergence tubes. All fixed.