1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10gb 3rd gen ipod usb help.

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by nuttin_88, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

I recently bought a used 3rd gen 10gb ipod. Much to my frustration I found out that i can only charge this with a firewire cable and while i have the firewire cable i don't have anywhere to plug it into. Now I will have to buy a wall adapter or something because i can't charge this model with the USB cable. But anyways I thought that i could still put music in it by connecting it through the usb but my pc won't even recognize the ipod. As soon as i connect it the ipod turns on and the hard drive starts spinnig (i'm assuming since i hear a buzz inside) but nothing shows up on my screen then i go to "my computer" and i don't see the ipod.

I read the manual and in the section where it says "connect ipod and transfer music" and it says to plug in my firewire cable and if i have a USB 2.0 port to buy an ipod dock. WTF!! I need to have firewire, is this apple's way to get at pc users or something. My computer doesn't have a 4 pin firewire port so i can't use a 4 pin firewire adapter. Do ineed to buy the ipod dock or is there something wrong with my ipod .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.