1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10GB+ free storage sites

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by hypersoni, Mar 12, 2007.

1. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

I am looking for 10GB+ free storage sites that I can upload my files and folders to. like http://amd.streamload.com/. Sites that say 25GB of free storage don't actually let you upload that much at one time. Like if I had a 4GB file I wouldn't be able to upload it at once because I can only upload 10MB at a time. Compression can cause errors to this file as I have tried it before so I know. So where can I find such free sites?

2. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

Does anybody have a list of those kind of sites?

3. harry2006

harry2006 Guest

Hello Friend.
    As far as my knowledge is concerned I dont think there is any site which allows you to put big files say >100MB .There are sites like rapidshare.com or megaupload.com but as I know they allow you to put files of size no more than 100MB.And u cann't upload files of size totallig to 10/15GB.

4. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

But what about sites like this? They say as much as you want but I keep getting "Cannot Find Server" messages. What gives?

5. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

The problem with those sites is, there is no way to make money. FREE sites generally earn revenue based off advertising. If you're just hosting files for people to download, its not producing the kind of hits you they want, because people aren't actually visiting their page, just leeching from their servers.

Company that offers free storage of that magnitude is either:
    really slow
    really crappy
    there's a catch
    or won't be around long enough to find any of the above out.

You might as well pay the rate the good companies charge for it.

6. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Or you could just buy some proper (external) HD and be done with storage problems.

7. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

Why would I wanna buy a HD to lug around when I could upload my stuff to a server for free? There has gotta be a site that I'm looking for out there. I know there is. We just have to find it.