1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

115 minutes on CD-RW

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by Phantom69, May 20, 2005.

1. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

I got this CD-RW the other day and i decided to do an overburn test with nero, what do i get, 115 minutes overburnable (you can fit more but this is the safe limit) i dont know how many megabytes that is but i think its a lot, it is a 'Verbation DataLifePlus Ultra Speed CD-RW 74'. how that huh, a 74 minute cd that can hold 115 minutes, unreal, no mode2 cd writing, no special programs. just overburned with nero.
    please post your thoughts

2. whiteboyg

whiteboyg Guest

do u know if that works w/ all cd-rw?

3. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

I'm not too sure but it may well be, except possibly some of those unkonwn brands. If you try an overburn test with nero, maybe you could try a few different discs.
    post your results...

4. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

does it work with cd-r's or is it just cd-rw?

5. whiteboyg

whiteboyg Guest

cdr's i think u can only put about 90 mins top on it, but i don't know 4 sure phantom69 knows more than me

6. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

i havn't had the chance to try it with other discs, so i wouldnt know, if someone out there wants to try this for me (at your own risk) i will greatly appreciate it and will offer you my entire book of knowledge in all your quests (use private messaging if you need help and i will help you).

7. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

I just tried it and got 100 min with TDK's CDR's but only 87 of it was useable.

8. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

thanx for trying it, remember use as low a speed as possible, the more likely that you will be able to fit more on it.
    by the way, are you using nero, if so/not are there other more accurate programs that can carry out the same tasks >?<
    some of the unknown brands also creates some pretty good CD-R/W discs. I don't know if in America you guys have 'laser', here in Australia, they are not very well known but produce some pretty good stuff. keep me posted, once i either fix my burner or buy a knew one, i will be able to experiment and post my results.
    PS: if you are looking to fit max data on a cd without overburning, look at my thread on mode2 cd burning or search for it on the internet, you'll be surprised.

9. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Im using Nero. Never heard of "Laser" over here in NZ.I will get some SKC and Transonic and try them out.Ive never heard of another program that can overburn but there will be one somewhere.Im using my stuffed DVD-burner (still does cd's)to do overburns so I dont stuff my good CD Burner.

10. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

good idea, i got a f*cked LG DVD burner, it still does CD's aswell, good thinking.
    Also, laser brand is commonly found in stores called 'The Warehouse' remeber to use as low speed as possible for macimum effect.
    thanx, keep posting...