1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

120% alcohol info

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mike512, Dec 10, 2004.

1. mike512

mike512 Guest

Hi
    Will the full version allow you to copy a protected dvd? I have the trial version and it will not allow it and beore I spend the money for the full version, I wanted to know if anyone has it and does it allow you to copy protected dvds.
    Thanks

2. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

Download Decrypter or Shrink to take care of the copy-protect. Then you can use A120%to burn with.

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Exactly, decrypter is the best ripper out there and it's free. You will however have to rip to your hard drive and then use those files in A 120.

You could also use an app like AnyDvd, which runs in the background and then all you do is just open and use A 120. It has a 21 day trial, then it costs 39.00. It is the best of the "on the fly" rippers IMHO. It works with any DVD backup software. It also is constantly being updated and now even gets by the new hard copy read errors that DVD's are starting to use more and more.

4. mike512

mike512 Guest

Thank you for the info.

5. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

Hard copy read error? ??? This is new to me, what is that?

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

A fairly new method to DVD, but has actually been around awhile . It actually makes the copy hard for the ripper to read, as like it is a scratched or dirty disc.

It is being used more and more to prevent DVD backup. I've come across a half a dozen in the last 6 months.

7. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

They keep coming up with new tricks it seems... hmmm.... oh well. Got a quick question about Alch 120%.... If you use Decrypter to rip, in File mode, can A120 create the image from the VOB files? I can't seem to find anywhere in A120 that would let you do this. The "Image Maker" option in A120 can create an ISO image directly from a disc, but not from VOB's that you rip to your HDD first... Just trying to see if I can get as much "all-in-one" use out of A120 as I can. I know it won't decrypt (as we've discovered... LOL! ) Thxs!

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

If you try to use VOB files with A120 you'll get a track format window because of unsupported files.

You can copy from a DVD disc to writeable media with A120.

If you wish to use decrypter with A120, rip in ISO mode and then use A120 with the ISO image from decrypter.

I use other apps better suited for VOB files, I like A120 for bin/cue files, which it does an excellent job. I also use it for games too.

9. mike512

mike512 Guest

Hi Guys
    A quick question from a newbie trying to learn. I have any dvd running and when I use alcohol 120 to rip to my hard drive and try to use it to burn, it wont fit on to the disc. I have dvd shrink, but I cant get it to read the file that I just ripped to my hd. How can I get the dvd shrink to compress the 120 alcohol file to fit?
    This place is great for info and thanks for all of your help.

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You need to rip your DVD with shrink and use it, it does everything but burn. You can send your shrink files to your hard drive as an ISO file and burn with A-120. A-120 uses ISO image files.

An easier method would be to set shrink to burn automatically with decrypter(also free) and shrink is the only program you have to open.

If you don't need to edit or compress, then use A-120 w/AnyDvd for your DVD. BTW, AnyDvd will pass encryption for any app, so even tho shrink and decrypter will rip, leave AnyDvd running, it will aid both of these programs(or any other, including A-120) to rip a DVD, including ones with the hard copy read errors protection.

Here is a very simple, easy to follow, shrink guide I wrote that will show you how to use shrink including automatically burning with decrypter, Nero, or Copy to Dvd. And shrink is the only program you have to open.

http://cgi.tripod.com/321ripforum/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=Shrink;action=display;num=1094746394