1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12v fan mod questions, please advise!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by anyboby, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anyboby

anyboby Regular member

What i would like to know is how many of you guys actually do this and your method for doing so.

I have read that people do this by drawing power from the dvd drive but would this not affect the dvd drives performance? The reason i want to know is i have started buying, fixing and selling xboxes and i got my first return today :( so i would like to prevent further issues a little longer! What i mean by this is that i normally give a gentleman's guarantee of 14 days to people in my local area and explain how prone the consoles are to failure.

They understand this when buying the consoles but i would like my repairs to last a little longer.

I currently just stick to the hybrid x clamp fix and the heatgun method with good results and i just want the repair to last past 14 days. IS the 12v fan mod what im looking for and if so what method is suggested??

Thanks

Ignore wrong section sorry!!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  2. scum101

scum101 Guest

Why bother? .. my pair are 1.1's and NEITHER has had this fan mod (bloody noisy fan mod at that) done.. I don't think it's worth the hassle and it tends to burn the fan out... which is a far worse situation.

why the hell are you posting about the 360 in the wrong place?.. and I hope you know what a risk you are taking if you are doing flash and sell. Only takes somebody to get pissed when it fails say 4 months down the line and reports you.. these bloody things aren't reliable enough. I'm a pro electronics person, and I refused to touch these things after repairing 4 and having them ALL bounce within a few weeks.. a faulty 360 is a faulty 360 .. once they have screwed up once they are a ticking bomb.. they will fail again, sometimes in days, sometimes in weeks.. but they WILL come back. XD

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.