1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15 svchost.exe's

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by jocsaint, Jul 24, 2008.

1. jocsaint

jocsaint Member

Hey everyone. I have a huge problem. Heres whats going on...

I've noticed that my computer has been slow. Games that run quite normal have been running very slow and normal stuff like downloading and internet browsing has become slow as well. So i went through first by checking to remove stuff that i didnt need. I seen that every program i have on my computer right now is vital and cant be removed, except for gta san andreas, which i tried removing but didnt fix my speed problem.

Heres where i stumbled on my problem. It was about 3 days ago. San Andreas was so slow and i didnt have to pateince to close it properly. So i brung up my task manager to terminate it and i found out that i had not 1 or 2 svchost.exe's running, but i had 15 of them. Each of them using a crap load of memory. I scanned for viruses, spyware, registry problems...you name it. None of the scans came up with anything. So i contacted HP (the maker of my computer) and they said that a restore would fix the problem.

I restored my computer and the problem was still there. 15 svchost programs that ate up all of my memory. I have not tried to contact HP since because i havent felt like messing with them. I want to see if i can get this fixed without contacting them again. So...does anyone know what i can do to stop the svchost's from eating all my memory? Terminating them screws with my computer, i already tried doing that.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  2. ditri

ditri Member

what did you install before experiencing that? how large is your memory? anyway i think it's normal to have multiple svchost.exe depending on the services you are running. try running tasklist/svc to see the services using the svchost.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008