1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

150" Projection Television???

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mkaseatgb, Oct 2, 2005.

1. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

I have seen the advertisments on ebay for a the famous 150" Projection TV. I decided to research it farther and found the plans for it and he needed supplies. Has anyone tried making it? If so, what is the quality like, or doesnt it work at all? I already know the image is messed up (right to left instead of left to right) and that you can fix it with a mirror. I personally think that there is no way it works, but then again I really don't know much about projectors, so I could be wrong.

2. noypi2

noypi2 Member

If you are talking about the projector kit with fresnel lens, forget it. I tried it and does not work. I wasted my money and effort. Again if you're thingking of making this project, IT DOES NOT work.

I save enough and bought an infocus X1a. And I am very happy with my home theater.

hope this helps

3. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

Yes it is the fresnel lens porject. Dont take offense to this or anything, but how good are you at DIY porjects? Because some things like that, you have to tinker with it alot to get it to work.

4. noypi2

noypi2 Member

think it this way, you pay $10-15 dollars and expect a decent quality pictures? I don't think so. If it is successful, then a lot will get it and built by themselves. I have a 4 years vocational schooling in electronics and pretty much handy in making projects.

I saved and bought a real Infocus projector for $700 and me and my family are enjoying it.
    Just a friendly advice, you may try it out of curiosity but I would rather save enough and get the real thing. Hope this helps.

Regards,