1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

160GB HD with nkpatcher

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by rockytrh, Mar 7, 2007.

1. rockytrh

rockytrh Member

Hi,
    I just bought a 160GB HD to put in my XBOX (however, because i don't have access to a desktop right now, i have to wait until spring break to build the new drive). When softmodding my XBOX, i dont remember what nkpatcher I choose.
    From what I understand, .06 bios will allow me to have my standard /C/ and /E/ "drives" and will throw the rest into an /F/. the .67 bios will have standard /c/ and /e/ drives again, but only 137 GB in the /F/ and the rest in /g/.
    Either of those would work for me, but here are my questions:

If I chose .06, will my /f/ only have 137 GB of space or will it be filled with whatever is available after /c/ adn /e/?
    Is there anyway to check which one i chose?

From what I have read, it would be a difficult task to swich bios versions, so if it get hacked off at 137, it wouldn't be too big an issue, just trying to figure it out.

Edited to add, i am pretty sure i used Krazie's Ndure (the most recent one out).

Rockytrh

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  2. theridges

theridges Guest

what dashboard are you using...
    you should get all the space out of the Drive as far as i believe...
    you will have to format it with XboxHDM...

3. rockytrh

rockytrh Member

Yeah, i knew i would have to use xboxHDM, i have to wait till i go home for spring break to have access to a desktop. I am also using xbmc for my dash. I have just read some reports of people only getting 137 GB on their F drive when they have a larger one. Maybe this is just a problem that used to be, but not sure.