1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

160gb hdd

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Jerren, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Jerren

Jerren Guest

Do you have to do anything special to put 160gb hdd in and if so what do you do? Thanks

2. mafiaman

mafiaman Member

Yes the latest Evo X BIOS, otherwise your HDD will show up as 137 Gig. They broke that barrier the other month thankfuly.

3. ShadoweX

ShadoweX Member

You can also use the Xecuter2 4979 RePack BIOSes to break that 137GB barrier. In that package there is a 06 and 67 version of the BIOS. One will have all the free space be on F partition and the other creates a 127GB F partition and the rest goes on G partition. You have to turn on the G drive option in evox.ini to take advantage of that G partition. I have read some things on the internet about having the F drive getting corrupted when it is over 137GB... but I don't know much else. I was able to install a 200GB using the G drive option and it works fine :)

4. ShadoweX

ShadoweX Member

One more thing... you must have the latest version of the Evolution X dash to use G paritition... not sure if the older versions would support a drive larger than 137GB on the F paritition.

5. Piggy

Piggy Member

Does the Evo M7 BIOS see 160Gb?
    Another one for you guys, perhaps...Do you know how to convert the music formats from the xbox games?
    I would like to take a copy of the NFS Underground game's music tracks, however they are in a strange format???
    Anyone copied the music tracks from an xbox game?