1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

16th bd party

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by emachine, Oct 4, 2006.

1. emachine

emachine Guest

Yeah like I said 85% of the parts made in US, I don't think that many parts on the "american cars" are made in the us.

Then it was built in OHIO, I realy think I supporting america more, by buying a honda car!

Dodge, GM, and Ford all had huge job cuts, because they can't produce a realiable car. Its like the 70's all over again.

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

toyota makes several cars 100% in the US. ^.^

3. emachine

emachine Guest

Yeah, I know my mom had a toyota that ran for 250,000 miles then we sold it! No she has a suzuki, I bet it gets that many miles on it also.

I think Honda/Toyota trucks are better to. We might get the honda diesl that supposed to come out for the farm, and hauling dirtbikes and such.

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

as for trucks, i'm a dodge/chevy (screw ford XD ) guy at heart, but if the imports prove to do the same work (for me, so far they don't near compare), then i'll check into them too. i talked about my Ram and how much i love it already, so i won't again. ^.^

5. emachine

emachine Guest

Lol, we had a 1997 ford f150 and it rusted like no other, the engine wasn't bad, but we couldn't stop that thing from rusting.

Another thing even with gm and dodge trucks, if they have a problem, as long as it won't go in the regualr 3yr/36000mi warrenty, they won't fix it! Pick up one of those mechanics manuals that shows all the know problems, and what the manufacture will do. The gm, ford, and dodge will let it go for YEARS! Were Honda, Toyota, Suzuki, Nissan fix it mid model YEAR!

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

true as that is, i'm not talking about light-duty trucks; i'm talking about the heavy-duty, diesel duallies. the import trucks tend to stay out of this area, and to be honest, these are the only american trucks i would buy; for small trucks, i'd go with a toyota. for my needs, though, small trucks don't do.

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Auslander: I'll ask my brother in law for some pics; he did a great job with it. Its a 1965 Chrysler Crown Imperial Convertible Coupe. It belonged to my friends Dad who used it to tow a trailer...has this huge radiator. My friend got it from his dad and did a lot of work to the engine...and I think I may be getting things confused because I think it's the chrysler that had the holly dual feeds and I think the engine is a 447(?). When my buddy died in Viet Nam, my friends Dad gave me the car. That was around 1971. I drove it for a while but 1972 brought the first gas crunch. To conserve, they would only sell $3.00 of gas at a time (remember gas was much cheaper then) but still, that only got me to the next gas station with that beast. I ended up with a VW bug and the Chrysler stayed in the garage. My brother in law just loved it and has had it since even though its still in my name ... which is really stupid after all this time. Was a sentimenal thing at the time keeping it. Roger poured a fortune into that thing. I'll ask him for pics. The paint job alone will blind you LOL! It's a rather pricy highly buffed out lacquer job.

The most "fun" car that I ever owned was a 1966 TR-6 and the most reliable car I've ever owned was also a 1966...Dodge Coronet with a slant six and well over two hundred thousand miles!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2006
  8. emachine

emachine Guest

@auslander Honda and toyota are both going to make more work related trucks. They're both coming out with diesels. So gonna see how those stack up against, the big 3.

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

gerry: i demand pics even more now! show us! XD

emachine: i guess we'll have to wait and see. any links to pictures or anything?

10. emachine

emachine Guest

prob. but my internet is slow here, so I don't feel like searching lol.

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i just did a little bit of looking, but found nothing except for guides on engine swaps.

12. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I'll ask my brother in law to email some pics of it. Actually, I never knew much about cars although, believe it or not, I can still pretty much identify any car made between 1955 and 1967-68 because of the guys I hung around with more than anything else but anything later than that and I'm at a loss. Since they had the hobbie, but I had the car... and therefore everyone's transportation, they kept my car running well!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2006
  13. emachine

emachine Guest

14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

hmm...they need a duall diesel version!

15. emachine

emachine Guest

What do you do that requires that much power?

16. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

BWAHAHAHAHA! ^.^

the point of trucks it to have power. light trucks are fine, but they're basically only needed on the weekends. for daily work, normally something with ....well, with balls is required. hauling equipment and trailers and work of that level. a fifth-wheel trailer usually needs quite a bit of power to haul.

until the import trucks get to that level, they're only needed on weekends, though many people sometimes feel the need to waste fuel and use them as daily drivers.

17. emachine

emachine Guest

What size is your camper, unless it is HUGE am sure a tundra would haul it as good as if not better than, a f 150 gm1500 or dogde 1500.

18. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i don't haul a camper; that's light-duty weekend truck work. i mean along the lines of hauling other cars, stone, cement work, etc. the kind of stuff you need to do daily with a truck in a given business. few daily things require only a light-duty truck.

19. emachine

emachine Guest

By 5th wheel I thought you ment camper not trailer.

20. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@emachine....have you had the big 16th birthday yet? If not, when's the big event?