1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*****16X discs Burning @ like 1.5 or 2X!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by scotty14, Aug 12, 2006.

1. scotty14

scotty14 Guest

LEr me start off w/ the following info off the BAT

NEro 7 Ultra
    NEC 3520A (updated firmware) and HL-DT GWA4164B (from a DELL PC)
    Now the NEC worked FINE before burning w/ no problem @ 16X w/ the discs im about to explain

The NEC is my drive and all of sudden it didnt wanna burn @ 16x. Even tho in nero it says 16X it took like 30 mins to burn so im guess this was like 2X or 1.5x!! I was using the Sony 16X discs which i have used before fine. So i took the DVD and burned the SONY on the Dell pc burned at 2X as well even tho it told me 16X. (using a sumthing other then nero...i think roxio) So i put the DELL burner in my PC and used NERO to burn a DVD. burned at 2x AGAIN even tho AGAIN it says 16X. So i thoght it was the DVD cuz i never used the SOny 16X before...i used the Sony 8X which actully burned at 16X. So i took them back and got Memorex 16X cuz i know for a fact THESE DEFINALY burn at 16X. i popped in the memorex DVD and BAM...16X ....but REALLY burned @ 2X!!! No idea WTF is going on cuz the DVDs are buring slow as #$%@ using a DIF PC and a DIF burner AND a DIFF CD/DVD burnign program!! If ANY1 and i mean ANYONE can either give me SOME KIND of clue....i would GREATLY appreciate your info/time/efforts!! THANKS!

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

3. scotty14

scotty14 Guest

yeah me ISH is net to DMA if available!! but one thing i cant figure out is device one said "currrent transfer mode PIO" on there is no drop down box...its dimmed out?

4. LOCOENG

Read the guide, your drive should be in DMA mode.

5. scotty14

scotty14 Guest

[​IMG]
    This is what my Primary device box looks like.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2006
  6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@scotty14
    You're one drive isn't in DMA mode as locoeng pointed out.
    The 2nd drive on the primary is in the slooow PIO mode.
    Uninstall this controller - reboot and let windows so it's thing.
    Here's another guide to show you how to do it:
    http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/checking DMA.pdf

7. scotty14

scotty14 Guest

wow thanks alot fellas! worked like a charm! kudos to both of you "nerds" ha ha ha ha ;-) but for real i tip my hat

8. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

LOL - nerd that's a new one for me :) but locoeng well that's another story (pocket protector, taped glasses & all :0)

Glad to hear you are back on the speed track :)

Oh and you're welcome !

edit: spelling

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  9. LOCOENG

You are very welcome and happy burning...and unfortunately Binkie knows what I really look like.

10. scotty14

scotty14 Guest

Binkie...hey im so used to GUYS on the internet giving me "TECHY" advice....i didnt even stop to realize you were FEMALE!! its not everday u get tech advise from a FEMALE ;-) lol but thanks alot!