1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

16X DVD Burners

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by sdavies, Nov 20, 2004.

1. sdavies

sdavies Member

Hi guys,

I've had a Pioneer A04 for a few years now, bought it for $200 when it came out! Anyway, these drives have obviously dropped in price and the speeds have increased substantially. I was looking into getting a new one that can at least burn at 8x, but figured I may aswell go with a 16x DVD burner as they pretty much cost the same. Can anyone comment on one that has been a fantastic performer? Read a lot of crap postings about the pioneer 108, so having second thoughts about that one... in particular I've come across really good deals on these three (NEC 3500A vs Pioneer 108 vs LG 4160B), but input on any drive would be appreciated.

Cheers!

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

You'll find most crap postings are usually down to a configuration issue and or compatibility issues between software................................

My 108 does what I need, DL@2.4x, +/-R at 4x (with 4x media)
    Not many Good quality higher speed media out there as of yet (Not brands that I am convinced with anyway, others will disagree..............

Oh, and then there's the old cracked firmware route, it is just a matter of time...........................here we go again................you'll see......................