1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1800$ to spend on a gaming PC

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mohwner, Nov 13, 2007.

1. mohwner

mohwner Member

hello evryone, im spending 1800$ on a new pc (just the central unit) no monitor or other stuff. So i would like someone to build me a system with the perfect price/performance ratio.

I would like this system to run Crysis on very high detail (if that's possible)

Thanks!

2. AXT

AXT Guest

I would wait until late January to spend 1800 dollars on a PC. If you buy the parts now, they will be obsolete by February. (45nm CPUs from Intel and 700 series MBs from nVidia both just around the corner).

That is my advice. Take it or Leave it.

There have also been sighting of something called a 9800GTX and a G92 based 8800GTS flying over the Nevada desert. The former being a absolute beast. However, there is no solid evidence to support such outrageous claims.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2007
  3. RottenKid

RottenKid Member

yea I hear about Direct X 10.1, im not that sure my cousin informs m of all the games and graphics cards. Right now they only support DX 10. and intel is releasing this new core quad: 12MB cach, and its mad cheap like 320$

it the yorkfield q3000-q5500

1333MHz FSB
    12MB Cahe
    2.5GHz-2.8GZ

$266-$530 - mad cheap

people are hitting like 3GHz + out of box.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_future_Intel_Core_2_microprocessors

check it out scroll down to yorkfield there are 3 of them

4. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Wait until Directx 10.1 graphics cards come out. You're looking to spend a lot getting Crysis to run on high detail, so you'll want anti-aliasing. You won't be able to have it on very high without directx 10.1. The current range of graphics cards don't support 10.1