1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

19 inch LCD monitor BIG response time - Mike Myatt

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by mikemyatt, Feb 9, 2007.

1. mikemyatt

mikemyatt Guest

Hello, my name is Mike Myatt and I recently ordered a new 19" LCD monitor. I got it pretty cheap but the problem is that it has a 25ms response time, wich is pretty long. On the producer's website ( http://www.amw-europe.com/products/monitore/m196a.htm#### )I've found all the details about it. What do you think, is it good enough to use on the PC every day and also for movies and games?
    Thanks in advance!

2. mikemyatt

mikemyatt Guest

Sorry for the thread title, it supposed to be ' 19" monitor BIG response time ' but it shows only ' 19 ' . I think the message is not editable.

3. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

In a First Person Shooter you'll probably notice ghosting or in a fast-paced Real Time Strategy you might notice some but probably not a whole lot.

Same thing with movies, if its an action movie you are more then likely going to see some ghosting.

Personally I would try and look for something below 20ms if you can find one that fits in your budget. A lot of monitors out there now are well below 20ms with the high-end ones hitting as low as 5ms (black-to-black) or 3ms (gray-to-gray).

What's your budget for a monitor?

If you live in America I will link you to some monitors from Newegg or ZipZoomFly as they seem to have the best prices on just about everything computer related but, sadly, they only ship to the USA :(.