1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1CLICKDVD COPY - NEWBIE - GO EASY ON ME..

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ps2jim, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ps2jim

ps2jim Member

Hi Everyone,
    I'm new to the DVD movie backup world but have been backing up MY original PS1 and PS2 games for years.

Just looking for opinions on the best software to backup my DVD collection (1500+ movies, concerts) so that my kids don't destroy my originals..

I've read about DVD-X-COPY and 1CLICKDVDCOPY on this site as being #1 and #2 but I'd like an opinion from a user not an editor. Afterdawn is a great site!! Thanks for sharing your knowledge!!!

I forgot to mention I've been using DVD Decrypter for my PS2 games and it is #1 in my book. If you use it and haven't donated to the cause yet, shoot a few bucks thier way. It's worth it!!!!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  2. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

ps2jim - I know this is a bit off topic and S/B over in the PS2 forum, but just a quick question for you regarding your PS2 backups. My son has a PS2 and was asking me about backups. Have you modified your PS2 to accept copies, or do you have the "fliptop". Not exactly sure what that is (think it is a newer version) or why it is needed. If modded, any problems and where did you have it done? Thanks.

Tom

3. TenMen

TenMen Regular member

hey tsquare,
    i have the fliptop case and its pretty good. no need to solder, or mess w/anything electronic. so you dont run the risk of damaging the ps2, your just replacing the top portion of the ps2 case. at the press of a button the top flips open which allows to remove discs w/o resetting or ejecting the tray..its pretty good, backed up a few games using decrypter w/minor probs. im not sure how these guys feel bout linx but i got mines from these guys..http://www.clearxbox.com/site/pages/prods/ps2_blackft.html
    took bout a week, but im pleased w/it. if your gonna buy it make sure to buy the case for the correct version ps2 you have, and you also need the swapmagic discs. hope this helps.

4. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

TenMen: Thanks for the quick reply. I think that is the way we will go. Did not want to screw around with the chip.

Tom

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

As far as backing up movies, I use DVD Shrink. I used to use DVD X Copy but the later versions of Shrink give you more options and come up with better results. Not as easy to get the hang of at first, but definitely worth learning. If you go to the guides section of this site you should be able to find one. I ran into a lot of software conflicts with DVD X Copy too. Also DVD Shrink is [bold]FREE[/bold].

6. TenMen

TenMen Regular member

i would stick w/shrink + decrypter. i bought 1CLICKDVDCOPY + had problems. mostly due to firmware + discs, but when i got it straightened out (thanx scuba pete) i realized something i didnt like. if the original disc your ripping is slightly scratched 1clck would skip those sectors + the rip would take a long time. am i right to assume skipped sectors means parts of the movie are skipped?
    so i stopped using the program. but since 1clck uses copytodvd to burn i at least use that.
    and also, you cant beat the price.

7. twism50

twism50 Guest

I've been using DVD Decrypter alond with Elby CloneDVD and found it to be the best. I've used DVD Shrink w/ CloneDVD too, but found DVD Decrypter & Clone DVD to be the best. I've encountered audio and menu problems a few times with DVD Shrink, none with decrypter.

8. ps2jim

ps2jim Member

Thanks Everybody, I'll review the guides again. It can't imagine this can be much different then backing up MY (bought and paid for) PS2 games. To answer and another question above, my system is modded with a Messiah chip.