1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1ClickDVD & DVD43 Trouble

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by tonyg24, Jul 22, 2005.

1. tonyg24

tonyg24 Member

I am using the latest version of both softwares and all of a sudden having trouble backing up my DVD's. I did about 50 with no trble and just the other day i ran into a problem. When i place the DVD in the icon for DVD43 goes from yellow happy to mean to green, ready to burn. Then when i click on 1clickDVD to burn it tells me that i can not copy because it is not encrypted. Says if i am using a decrypter to restart it before running 1click. I uninstalled both DVD43 and 1CLick and re-installed and the trble is still occurring .....? It happens with any DVD, i tried a DVD that i already backed up in the past and still receiving same error window. When i receive error 1click states to press ok for additional info then it brings u to that pop up window about what dvd43 is. Anyone have any suggestions...? The only thing i can think of that i did prior to all this starting is that prior to copying DVD i played it a bit on the computer using powerdvd. Some people have stated once u play then try and burn u run into issues but a computer restart should solve but i am still experiencing the trble. I tried DVD encrypter that this forum suggest but not sure if i am doing it right, not as easy as dvd43. Do u just go to File> decrypt? then wait all that time for it to load to hard drive....then hit ok on 1clickDVD ?

Any assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. recondo

recondo Guest

If I were you I would get rid of 1 click. I used to use it the found CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD. This pair of software will backup anything and with much much better quality than 1 click. If you want to go the free route then Decrypter and DVDShrink is the way to go IMO, I have all 4 of these proggys on my PC and there hasnt been anything that I couldnt backup.

3. tonyg24

tonyg24 Member

u know of any instructions on those programs that are on this forum

i tried dvd decrypter and it isnt as easy as dvd43 in which u dont have to do anything

Am a newbie and not sure how to use programs in which u stated

4. recondo

recondo Guest

AnyDVD runs in the background just like DVD43 it just seems to work better, there are guides here on afterdawn on CloneDVD2 but it is a very straight foreward transcoding tool with very good quality.

5. recondo

recondo Guest

Go to slysoft.com and download the free 21 day trial. Give them a try, I think you will like them.

6. tonyg24

tonyg24 Member

dam i tried clonedvd along with anydvd and still states that Cannot copy due to copyright, oz, season4 and the shawshank redemption, what gives that two programs along with two decrypters cant copy those movies

7. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

just wanted to say that 1clickdvd with dvd43free on the background has never failed me yet. some argue about the quality of 1click( i fail to see the difference between it and the others; i have them). this combo has done all the new ARccOss without a problem. 1clickdvd has one of the best rippers(scratch discs)i have seen.

8. catfreak

catfreak Active member

tonyg24 ... have you tried playing the DVD on your computer for a little while, then using CloneDVD? Sometimes that will 'unlock' the disc.
     Go to this link .. there are some helpful hints 
      http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/petesguide6.html

9. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

DVD43free is an outdated program that no longer is updated. It has major problem with a lot of new Arcoss movies. You can get AnyDVD for 29.99 with the discount, why waste your time and effort on a program that will only work with some movies.

10. catfreak

catfreak Active member

DVD43 v3.5.3 is able to deal with 'bad sector protection' and has been updated as of the 6th of May, 2005 .. It isn't nearly as good as AnyDVD, but it IS free and is being improved and updated!

11. Appa

Appa Regular member

I was using 1 Click DVD Copy and DVD 43 free and had similar problems and getting frustrated i decided to purchase Any DVD and tried it with 1 Click DVD and came up with the same problems.
    So I decided to uninstall DVD 43 do a Reg Supreme clean and again tried 1 Click DVD and Any DVD and everything worked fine once I got rid of DVD 43 and did the registry clean. ( i believed it was too many programs of the same type DVD 43 and Any DVD running in the background, as after I did get rid of DVD 43 my burning worked)
    I continue to use 1 Click DVD if I am in a hurry, however I did also purchase Clone DVD and use it and as well occasionally use Shrink where I believe it is more appropriate and i always get the results that I want.
    People have said that 1 Click does not give the quality of other programs, like Clone DVD, however it is all in the eye of the user and frankly coming from the VHS video era; I don't find too much difference between 1 Click DVD Copy and Clone DVD, however I am not into tweaking etc. as I am a Noob and have to be satisfied with what I am comfortable working with.

Cheers.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2005
  12. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

that's right, 1clickdvd is geat, i've used it to do most of my copies and have had no problems. and as you and i have said is the past, i don't notice any difference between 1click and those other "better" programs. oh, yes there is one diffence i've have noticed, 1click is faster.

don't take me wrong, shrink is great also, it is just slower than 1click.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2005
  13. Appa

Appa Regular member

We must have about the same eyesight or similar requirements in terms of quality that is satisfactory to us. Since I don't have a lot of time to do backups and don't do them on a regular basis user friendliness is key for me, very likely different than the advanced users whom i do admire for all the tweaking that their experience has given them as i have looked at some of the posts with graphs on them with dialogue between members in respect of how the graph shows that their burner is not operating at optimum.
    i hope one day to get to that point, right now as a Noob I have to simply be satisfied with a successful backup!!
    Just part of being a Noob I guess.

Cheers!!