1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st post - Newbie Requests Help, Please

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mickey873, Mar 8, 2005.

1. mickey873

mickey873 Member

Hi - This site is wonderful! I have spent the last few days reading post after post, the guides and have learned a tremendous amount - Thanks so much for all of you that share all your knowledge to all of us newbies!

I had dvdx copy platinum, but after reading all of the posts/problems and following many advisors here, I have removed it and now installed Shrink and Decrypter.

I am going to try my first burn tonight. I want to back up my 3 year olds dvd's so that he doesn't trash them. I play them mostly in the portable dvd player we have in the car for our daily commute to work.

I would like to be able to put in the dvd and play the movie without having to go through the intro, then the menu then finally to the movie (impossible to navigate through all of that while driving). If I choose main movie - will I accomplish this? (Getting rid of the extras...)

I am sorry if this is a dumb ? I couldn't find an answer to it after searching and reading and just want to give it a try.

Thanks if you got through this whole novel for one question.

mick

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

Welcome.
    If you use the re-author feature of DVD Shrink then you will be able to just copy the main title, with no crap at the beginning, just starts the movie when inserted in your player.