1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st time here, help with GBA/DS M3 please =X

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by illsquee, Feb 11, 2007.

1. illsquee

illsquee Member

Hello, I seem to have stumbled upon the hidden DS underground society on these forums =] Anyways... I've been searching/surfing the forums on the M3 Lite/M3 Simply etc... but I really would appreciate if someone can clearly answer these questions for me.... thanks!

1) Is the M3 DS Simply the best "bang for buck" in terms of ease of use and efficiency for playing "DS only" games? ($45 on divi). I'm planning to eventually hook up my 5-6 little cousins with something that would enable them to play DS roms once I figure stuff out...

2) For myself, I really want both GBA and DS Rom support. What do you people suggest to be the easiest yet still a good 'bang for buck' for this setup? I'm thinking it's going to be the "M3 Perfect Lite w/ Passcard 3 for $88?" It's a bit expensive for my budget.. any help would be great on this...

3) Furthermore on the topic of GBA Roms... how well do they run with the method proposed? Are all the Roms going to run perfectly? (Especially FF6 Advance =X ). This is vital for my future =P

Planning to get to Kingston 1gb MicroSD for $10... hopefully it's a good buy:

http://meritline.stores.yahoo.net/kingston-1gb-micro-sd-card.html

Please help me, I'm completely new to this scene and little things such as the terminology used really confuses me. (ie. Flashing my DS?)
    Thanks!

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

1: Yes it is the best "bang for buck" as you put it =)
    2: Again, spot on =)
    3: Almost all GBA games will work flawlessly, the only games i can think of that don't work perfectly are those which used special hardware (e.g tilt sensors)

3. illsquee

illsquee Member

Thanks for the quick response... I have another question... What's the difference between "M3 Lite Perfect *Micro SD* PassCard 3" and "M3 Lite Pro *Micro SD* inc. NDS Passcard 3"

Basically... the diff b/t Pro and Perfect?

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The 'Pro' can't do GBA

5. REAM

REAM Guest

the m3 simply is an OEM of the r4ds.

this means it is a clone of the r4ds.

they get the same updates but the r4 gets them earsiler, and the r4 in america is $5 cheaper.

the best 2 slot would have to be the ezflash 4lite and ezpass3. i no i may be biased in saying this, but they have the best gba support, seeing as they had the best gba flash cart ever, the EZII. (this is kind of proven fact)

and the NDS compatibility list is excleent aswell:

http://ezflash.sosuke.com/wiki/index.php?title=Compatability_List