1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.2 Firmware Problem Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by redhot209, Nov 23, 2008.

1. redhot209

redhot209 Member

Since, I'm not Russian and believe i found this text from Russian:
    "ПPEBEД" I tried translators but it gave me PPEBED. What does that mean?

So the situation is that I upgraded my 8 gb IPHONE, and upgraded with the version 2.2 firmware. After it was done, I restarted it and discovered a guy with glasses saying the quote in Russian "ПPEBEД" I have no clue why there would be a Russian guy from APPLE, themselves. Becuase I downloaded the firmware or version from ITUNES. Any help please?

2. DSMKilla

DSMKilla Member

Hmmm doesn't make sense. You must have downloaded the FW from somewhere OTHER than iTunes because the image that your describing is probably the same image that is pictured below.

[​IMG]

NPEBEA in Russian means SURPRISE! That image also comes from a phone that has been jailbroken. So the FW that your restored must have been an IPSW that was made with PWNAGE.

3. guessswho

guessswho Active member

obviously this was not downloaded by itunes. I don't know why you trust us to ask for help, but like about that. This is obviously from a jailbroken phone. itunes would never download this.