1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.6 won't flash

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by bhetrick, Mar 20, 2006.

1. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I've just installed a 2.6ce in a v1.6b. I've tried flashing m8 plus 16 via both dvd and ftp to bank 2. I'll get the yellow bar, then the green, then it'll shut off. When I turn it back on, it'll just start right back at the flashbios like nothing happened. Has anyone had this prob? I've done a few of the x3's now with no probs. But now it's a no-go with the x2.6ce.

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

did you unprotect the chip?

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Flash protection off...yep. Set it on bank 2. It won't do anything on bank one. I just get a black screen.

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Yeah I couldn't get a 2.6 to work in a 1.6b either..exactly the same problem....seems to be something to do with the bios..I have no solution..gave up and softmodded..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2006
  5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

6. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

@ janrocks Thanks for posting that. I was wondering if maybe I got a bad chip. I have another one here that I was going to swap out and try, but it looks like it might be a common problem with the 1.6b's.

@ return I don't have a programmer, but I can ftp. Right now I'm in between ripping movies so as soon as I finish them up I'm going to try the bios manager. I just dl'ed it. This isn't the first time you've helped me out with an xbox prob. It's great to have such helpful people.

7. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Anyone noticed how little support there is for the 2.6?..It's all gone 3

Maybe I'll have another go at it later..Perhaps with a simple yoshi 1.6 debug bios

Got any good links for 2.6 info?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2006
  8. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Ya, I can't find anything that will help with the 2.6ce in a 1.6b. I've tried the x2 bios manager then realized that it seems that it'll only work with a programmer, not networked.

Looks like I'm going to have to order a x3 for this machine and use these 2.6's in other xboxs.

I still don't understand why the chip wouldn't atleast take the flash.

9. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

10. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Ya, that's the guide I used. It states that flashbios 303 works great with 1.6b machines. I followed the link to the guides for both dvd and http and get the same result. It'll run the m8+16 and shut down. When restarted it's right back at the flashbios.

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Damn, what do we miss out? I dont really know why. There are only 3 switches: on/off the mochip, protect/unprotect flash and bank switch.

Unless the x2 has a bad chip on it.

12. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I thought maybe one was bad, but I just put the other (I ordered 2- 2.6ce's and a qoob sx (for gamecube)) and am having the same results. There is one other small problem, the led switch on the ext switch, for the leds to light up the switch has to be turned off. I tried both switches on both chips and it's the same.

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Shit I am stuck now. Sorry.

14. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Ya, I'm waiting for another xbox to arrive ups. I'm hoping it's not a 1.6. I'll try the 2.6ce's in it and post back here.

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

16. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Well just installed and tried to flash the 2.6ce in a v1.4 yesterday and it comes up with the same problems. Flashes, shuts down, upon restart goes right back to flashbios 303.

I just ordered a reprogrammer. (fingers crossed)

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

yeah hope it will work.

18. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Well, after some more searching today, I found the x2 5035 v16plus 512k bios. I flashed the 1.6b with the 2.6ce. Flashed it to bank 2... nothing. Still loads the 303. Flashed it to bank 1 and it worked. Loaded slayers 2.6 just fine. FTP'ed a game to the hd (Hitachi 80gig) and plays fine.

The only thing is that when I first start the xbox it loads a black screen which says "XECUTER 2 CONFIG LIVE LOADING...". That's on for about 2 seconds and then it loads that flubber-deal with the xbox and xecuter rox logo.

Is this normal with the 2.6ce??

Is there a "for sale" section here at AD?

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

yes it is normal.

Why? you want to give it away.

20. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Just wondering because this is the first time I've used the 2.6ce's. I've used the 3ce's up til now and they don't display that. They just load right up to the xbox/xecuter logo.