1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Administrators accounts?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by bombvelle, May 27, 2007.

1. bombvelle

bombvelle Member

hi peeps.. well something happened to my computer, i didn't want to have the windows welcome screen, so i guess i disabled it using "run: control useraccounts2" but then when i restarted my computer, it went to the classic logon screen and i try to log in "administrators" then i get this: "unable to logon accounts restricted".

i run into safe mode, and add the welcome screen and when i turn on the computer it hangs on the welcome screen..maybe takes forever, i don't know, so i just created a new user account with administrator privileges, but i check at the user accounts and it shows there's only one administrator... but i'm supposed to have an original administrator..

i only want 1, and i'm on the new user account because i can't log on to the original administrator, and all my stuff is on the old one..

is there any way i can get that account working or should i just copy everything and move it on this this account? it's kind of annoying ugh... but ok thanks :)

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

The ASP.NET account (after installing .Net Framework) causes the computer to stop at the login screen.

Reverse what you have done. Then go into the Control Panel, or the user controlpasswords2 and remove the .Net account.

The classic login, will default to the Admin profile....to get to your original you created, type in the name of the account and press OK.

3. bombvelle

bombvelle Member

actually it happened before i got the .net framework. at the classic login it wouldn't let me get in administrators cuz it says "unable to logon accounts restricted" oh well i guess i'll just copy everything to this one ahh...and its weird, whenever i try to go in the control userpasswords2 using run, nothing happens anymore ah

Last edited: May 28, 2007