1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Avi files to 1 DVD disk using WinAVI and Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by shulkman, Jan 9, 2005.

1. shulkman

shulkman Member

I've been fighting with this all day, so I hope ya'll can help me out.

I have a movie that is split into 2 AVI files. When I use WinAVI to turn them into DVD format I get 2 seperate sets of .VOB,.BUP, and .IFO Files with the same file names. Nero will not allow me to burn these to the same DVD disk because of duplicate file names. I have tried to change the file names in many different ways to create one continuous DVD-Video file, but I keep getting errors in Nero saying that "File allocation has failed, may result in unplayable DVD"

So, Should I:

A. Join the 2 AVI files into 1 and use WinAVI to recode to DVD? (Not my favorite choice since it took 2 hours to encode the first time)

B. Change filenames to ???? so that Nero can recognize and burn them correctly?

C. What do you suggest?

The current file names are as follows:

For Disk 1:

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB

For Disk 2:

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB

Hope I've given enough info. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I'm not sure what procedures you have tried with Nero, but the problem cited should not be there. Let's try this:
    At Nero StartSmart, click 'DVD', then choose 'copy multiple dvd movies to one', then 'import titles', then go to the different folders containing the 2 avis, highligh the folder (just the folder, not the files), then confirm, and that should do it.
    Good luck!