1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 AVI FILES

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by SWINGTIP, Oct 18, 2005.

1. hollafam

hollafam Member

OKAY SO WHAT PROGRAM DO I NEED TO USE TO BURN MOVIES I DOWNLOADED (AVI, MPEG ect... IS IT SHRINK OR VSO

2. SWINGTIP

SWINGTIP Member

VSO OR WIN AVI would be a good start . Arso a good p2p site as well as torronts dont work for me i carnt get them to go faster than say 14 kbs max thats crap, Ares is the kiddy for speed only the chances are you may download the rong file after 3hrs downloading thats crap as well. lime i woulden give you a flying fook for as that is well shit.

3. SWINGTIP

SWINGTIP Member

ok ive go 2 avi files that i have just converted to vob's, put them into shrink and carnt see wot i do next, as i carnt see no where in dvd shrink to click to put the to vob's files togeather as thay are the same film.

Anyone no as im stuck big time now.

Cheers.

4. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

hollafam, SWINGTIP :

There is a prcedure to follow:

FIRST : You have to convert the .AVI , MPEG ,etc files to a DVD compatible format. You can do this by using TMPGenc or NERO or VSO. There are other pieces of software, but you get the point. Use the software to convert the AVI to DVD compatible files.

SECOND : After you get done converting the files. Using whatever software you like and that works best for you. You need to burn the files with Nero or Sonic or Roxio.

VSO is a transcoder or converts the files.

DVD Shrink is a ripper. It removes the copyguard on commercial DVD`s and then can compress or SHRINK the movie so it will fit on a 4.7 GB disc. [ Most commercial DVD`s are 6,7 or 8 GB`s ] Then you use Nero, Roxio etc to burn the DVD Shrunk files to a blank disc. DVD Shrink has other uses , but it mainly used for copying commercial DVD`s

5. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

SWINGTIP

Readers Digest version:

Open Shrink . Click on REAUTHOR. Browse to where your files are. Drag them from the window on the right to the window on the left.

6. SWINGTIP

SWINGTIP Member

Cheers m8, ive got it sorrted thanks now. After i put the post up i had a nouther go with shrink and sust out how to do it 14 minets later i had the 2 vob's to geather and 5 or 6 after that i had ithe film on dvd with nero burning rom.

Cheers m8 for your time in getting back to me

Thanks.